Your Home Theater Specs

TV: 65JS9500
I'm fairly new to AVR though so I'm trying to understand all the concepts. I have an old Harman Kardon AVR that I might move upstairs for the casual TV listening on the living room set (55D8000). I don't feel like investing in new speakers though so I'll probably just salvage the old JBL that came with it and buy a new AVR with ARC and 4k support and setup something out of it.

no i had 2 get rid of it bcuz burn in argument mixed reviews

i upgraded my oled for led

crisis averted

Rtings.com thinks is plausible enough to publish it as a concern. I ONLY use my PS4 and PS3 so menus sit idle for prolonged periods. Just saying it wasnt worth spending twice the money until its a 0% issue. Not denying the image and color quality is superior.

LG Oled 65B7A
Pioneer Elite VSX-53
Emotiva XPA-5
Paradigm Studio 60 v3
Paradigm Studio CC 470
Paradigm Studio 20 v3 surrounds
Sunfire TrueSub mk2 (still)
I've had monitor and studio series paradigms, love their speakers. The receiver is getting replaced once next gen hdmi standard is offered. I'll probably replace the sub eventually, too. It's getting a bit old.

Yep. They are foam boards that are specifically designed to eliminate 'loudness' you can get from slight echoing. They basically 'catch' sound waves.

Wall boards are for mid and high frequencies. They make corner blocks that act as bass traps. I have foam hidden inside of the back of raised canvas art pieces that function the same as Danno's sound boards, and have bass traps behind the corner of my sectional:

https://i.imgur.com/kKd2G4o.jpg
Ah, makes sense. I've just never seen white-panel ones. His look like blank painting canvases. I was like "wtf is that going to do?"

How well does the canvas allow sounds to go through and be absorbed in the foam behind them? *Edit* Oh, "raised." Gotcha.

Last edited:
I don't think pixel shift would matter on any non-small logo though, unless they are using some clever tech that turns off pixels in an alternating manner.

I don't think pixel shift would matter on any non-small logo though, unless they are using some clever tech that turns off pixels in an alternating manner.

It doesn't, he's just being a cool guy because he's drinking the Koolaid. The article I link clearly explains what happens and there are a number of people commenting that even huds in games they play have burned in. HOWEVER, if the primary use of the set isn't gaming the pro's outweigh the con's as far as image quality it seems.

heh heh heh

later virgin

As one example, yes. But yes, I like being able to step away from the TV and not be worried if there is a stationary image on the screen, but it takes even less than that to cause a problem. It's all good bro, I am sure with your lavish forum troll lifestyle you're never in that position.

This is where people get annoyed and stop coming to the forums. The politics are injected into threads that have nothing to do with that. =/

Back