[X-COM] The Second Alien War - Dying underwater is always fun

Vault

Veteran X
A sequel to this thread - [X-COM] The First Alien War - Here we go again... by JohnMcClane - TribalWar Forums

Going to start a game of TFTD on Veteran with numerous bug fixes and slight mods provided by XcomUtil. Nothing game changing besides changing the default base layout to something more defensive.

Taking recruits and suggestions for first base location+name below. I'll be running all troop missions so turnover will be high.

4904171741_f5529095df_z.jpg

I will volunteer on one condition. You can't recruit SkittleBrew as he killed me in the other thread.

Yeah don't recruit shoddy. he blew my head off his first time off the plane. :(

I can sacrifice my head again for the good of earth if it means helping to defeat evil beasties.

FUck that GAME.

It was deeper and the levels were HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. I once spent 3 hours looking for a panicked sectiod in an alien base. Eventually gave up on the mission cause I couldnt find the fucker in the 3 FULL SIZED LEVELS. 5 total floors, the top two being halfies. The bottom three had gardens and a bazillion nooks and crannies to hide in.

I brought 10 motion sensors the next time. Only took 1 hour that time. I think the sectiod was commatose for 45minutes, then his morale eventually recovered and he started making short, panicked, steps. I eventually brought him up on the scanner of Hulk.

I captured that faggot. He was our mascot until I quit the game. Mostly cause I couldnt find another alien base after a week of playing the game. YOu're supposed to find the chain of bases that'll point you to the last base. The next one never popped up after like 5 months of ingame time.

BS if you ask me. Terror missions were funner in Xcom2 though, Ill give it that.

Oh, did you know the best weapons in the game are actually melee (they're drills, hold your pants jedi fans)? The strongest ranged weapons look like lamps. The 'mutons' of hte game are crab people. Yea...go for it.

In other news, XCOM3 is the best of the entire series, better than even 1. John McClane can suck it if he has never played the third one. It has real fucking time action. You could raid human bases. Have pistol rocket launchers. Outfit flying cars with machine guns and drive tanks through a city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7oICLl63JI

Last edited:
Ill take a birth in your ship captain. Ill insist that I only be equipped with grenades. Cause any man that can throw a grenade 100meters underwater clearly, has to be named Haniblecter.

yesssssss do the soldiers wear sombreros in this one!?!

or well i guess they wouldn't work very well underwater. still, if theres an option...

Off we go.

Hotlantis has been officially established between North and South America.
PDgIo.png

Not even a full day in and we already spotted and shot down a USO. The alien craft are way faster in this version of the game and we had to use both Barracudas to shoot it down.

bBGmf.png

And here's a bunch of seamen:

cddc9c3017f9203b19f40c4a335430e5.gif

6 more soldiers on the way.

I was hoping for real equipment to arrive before our first USO showed up but no such luck. Looks like you guys are going in underpowered with harpoon guns and one grenade each.

Off to an OK start considering we were under-gunned and facing Gillmen right off the bat.

eC9Uj.png

Fool managed to spot the first alien and got a round of autofire off. Unfortunately one shot hit and didn't kill it which drew reaction fire. RIP Fool, our first casualty. Goshin turned around and dropped him with two out of three auto shots hitting.

Skip spotted the next alien after nearly exhausting his TUs. hanniblecter fired a rocket from the edge of the map that nearly killed a standing Denver and managed to hit the alien square in the face for kill #2.

Denver is the guys in the middle - hanniblecter is the guy crouching near the top. I wasn't quick enough with the SS to catch the bubble trail but it pretty much went through Denver's head.
zNQk6.png

Denver managed to draw some reaction fire on his next turn which helped us find the last two aliens. TW_Dagger got one kill and Scud411 the other.

KIA:
  1. Fool, 1 Mission, 0 Kills

Current crew:
  1. Cuda - Seaman
  2. Goshin - Able Seaman, 1 Kill
  3. Scud411 - Ensign, 1 Kill
  4. TW_Dagger, Able Seaman, 1 Kill
  5. Denver - Able Seaman
  6. Skipperlipicus - Seaman
  7. hanniblecter - Able Seaman, 1 Kill

Back