X-Box help (halo 2)

-KJ-

Veteran XX
So my friend and I are trying to hook up 2 boxes through the same router onto Xbox live (both using different accounts of course), and for some reason it won't let us both sign on - anyone know what the deal is?

I don't think so because its like 198.blah blah.blahblah. and the last number will be different for each line

[RZA]-VeLoCiTy said:
I don't think so because its like 198.blah blah.blahblah. and the last number will be different for each line
that doesnt matter, that is your internal lan IP that the router gives you. You only have one IP that is leaving your house.

get a hub and hope your isp supplies multiple ips per cable modem or whatever you got going. i know nycap rr supplies three

[RZA]-VeLoCiTy said:
well mother fucker, so is there any way to make it work?
almost sure that there isnt a way. Just play split screen on your friends xbox. Each xbox live account can have up to 4 guests.

weird. I used to have 2 xboxes in my house signed onto xbox live at the same time. And yes, 2 different accounts.

Dumpy Dooby said:
You sure both are recieving IPs from the router?

Are there any ports that need to be forwarded?

I know that Live goes by mac address for sure (though, it might also check your IP). If you ever get banned from Live, you can change your mac address to get yourself unbanned. That's what I read on xboxscene.com anyway. :shrug:

I don't think it is that simple, because you can access your xbox live account from any connected xbox. If you get banned for having a modchip, it bans the EEPROM of your xbox, which is basically the unique identifier for that xbox. To get back onto live you have to either get a new xbox or change the EEPROM in

Back