wtf TW ads/spyware

-Dark-Angel-

Veteran XV
Goddamn TW is loaded with fucking ads now.

When browsing on my phone it randomly forwards my browser to a goddamn ad site and then I have to hit the "stop loading" button to stay on TW.

Random shit is hotlinked to ad sites. And opening up my "google play store"

Rayn. There has got to be a better way to raise monies for TW. Or at least a less intrusive ad system.

This shit is fucking up my TW experience.

I have noticed this too. It only started doing it recently but it is rather annoying since I browse 99% of the time from my phone.

fundraiser works for me.

btw, if i keep my phone upright, the hijacking ad shit doesn't happen. only in wide screen it happens.

From my shitty iPad I can't even reply to threads because chrome is in a perpetual state of loading

Same thing with me (iPhone5). I had to clear cookies, and all data. Then I turned off Java Script. But this causes YouTube to stop working.

In my case, if I click on any thread, it sends my phone to the app page to download a game. Not happening right now, but it did over the weekend.

Nothing wrong with browsing TW from a phone. If I'm at the dentist waiting, I surf. If I'm at Costco waiting in line, I surf.

Last edited:
I browse with Work Safe template on my phone just because it loads faster and I never see ads. :shrug:

i tried to put something in place someone who browses from a phone test it and tell me what happens please i'm not even attempting to look at TW on a phone.

nevermind it didn't work, i tried to get a list of mobile user agents and disable ads for them but it doesn't seem to work on my phone.

although it doesn't break my phone, i think it can be done, i just am not sure how right now.

nevermind it didn't work, i tried to get a list of mobile user agents and disable ads for them but it doesn't seem to work on my phone.

although it doesn't break my phone, i think it can be done, i just am not sure how right now.

I don't surf in the car (unless I'm a passenger). Only waiting in a doctors office or the grocery store line.

Back