[WTF][MATE][?] Ice Coffee ...

Ok, why is ice coffee a buck fitty moar than the same shit without it?

Discuss this hot button topic...
Ice isn't actually produced on location, it's shipped in from refrigeration companies, and sometimes even from the Arctic depending on the supply company.

With rising fuel prices, ice makers that once found it more economically feasible to ship ice from remote polar regions are now faced with burgeoning oil expenses and inconvertible infrastructure designed for the explicit purpose of shipping ice, so the only solution left is to raise the base cost of their product rather than face the overhead of restructuring the industry.

QED, your iced coffee just got a lot more expensive.

For regular coffee they brew the coffee and serve.

For iced coffee they brew it, mix the sugar (if they do that sort of thing there) and then chill it in a fridge/cooler.

The added energy needed to cool the coffee is what you're paying for.

Just get a coffee and ask for ice... it'll be more watered down but your cheap ass will save a buck fifty.

it actually cost them less energy to mine ice out from the arctic then to just freeze a bunch of water? i find that hard to believe

that is hard to believe

but I only drink the finest ice

I feel sorry for you suckers drinking ice made from the tap water, and not shipped in from one of the Earth's poles.

it actually cost them less energy to mine ice out from the arctic then to just freeze a bunch of water? i find that hard to believe

:picard:

--

I worked as a barista for awhile and there really is no reason for it. The coffee is brewed twice as strong, but that is because the pitcher of ice dilutes it.

You are paying more because they are charging more.

Ya, the next time you see any trendfags drinking iced coffee/drinks that use ice, you might want to mention to them that the carbon footprint of the ice in their goddamn grande mocha is higher than most SUVs on the market.

Ya, the next time you see any trendfags drinking iced coffee/drinks that use ice, you might want to mention to them that the carbon footprint of the ice in their goddamn grande mocha is higher than most SUVs on the market.

But I need my daily grande latte enima. :mecry:

Back