[WTF] I just got a snack basket

Those are pretty common around corporate circles here in the U.S.*

And, yeah, they don't call them drillers (drill-her) for nothing. ;)

*As are the large tins of three different flavored popcorn around christmas.

I like popcorn but not that stale candied horseshit in the tins.

God that stuff is horrible.

It's like cracker jacks but fail, and the kind with the cheapass government cheese powder. Ugh.

Wait...they are thanking you for not leaving your wife or something? I don't get it...

well I'm not married, they are thanking me and my kids for supporting my GF, who actually supports me because she is money... so yeah.. I don't get it either really

but... free snacks rite?

Last year I received from one of my vendors two stylized glass jars of M&Ms, well wrapped in bubble wrap in an undented and thoroughly unscuffed box.

Both jars were smashed.

I wonder if they were trying to tell me something? :hrm:

Was she a mopey sack of shit at work before you brought her the happy stick?

I don't think so, this is a new rig and she started as capt... she is pretty hardcore but I don't think I said or did anything for the crew to tell me "thanks for not having her kick our asses"... that is actually the root of the WTF in the thread to be honest. I bought them 3k worth of calling cards for the Indonesions to call home, and they hadn't talked to their loved ones in 3 weeks so maybe that is it. But I didnt think much of that.

I don't think so, this is a new rig and she started as capt... she is pretty hardcore but I don't think I said or did anything for the crew to tell me "thanks for not having her kick our asses"... that is actually the root of the WTF in the thread to be honest. I bought them 3k worth of calling cards for the Indonesions to call home, and they hadn't talked to their loved ones in 3 weeks so maybe that is it. But I didnt think much of that.

I think you solved your own mystery just now.

What does your gf do on the rig? Is it an oil rig?

I have this picture in my head of a very dirty woman wearing flannel and a hard hat.

Impressive. So she gets to bitch out the meteorologists, ballast handlers, radar techs, etc? :D

pretty much yeah, besides the onshore rig manager she rules the roost, and the the only female on the planet who has done so.. so I kinda like her

I DIDNT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT LAVISH THEM WITH $3000 WORTH OF GIFTS

I DIDNT THINK ANYTHING OF IT THOUGH SO IF THAT IS THE REASON I AM VERY SURPRISED INDEED

I DIDNT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT LAVISH THEM WITH $3000 WORTH OF GIFTS

I DIDNT THINK ANYTHING OF IT THOUGH SO IF THAT IS THE REASON I AM VERY SURPRISED INDEED

first of all those are not gifts

that was a issue with coms that I delt with and when a rig is pulling 170k a day it isnt considered money. It all gets fixed when the rig gets to a site.

there are a lot of times i swing out the Amex because brazil is corrupt as fuck and it is never a fucking favour it is just getting shit done. But this wasn't brazil and it was a surprise, and I a silly one.

but I have snacks...which i will never eat...

at the moment no, but, don't really care if I do to be honest, I got a snack basket, that was pretty cool, I'm good.

will diamond send me a check for the calling cards? sure, but.. snack basket.. thats fucking random and awesome... thus the thread

Back