[WTF]Best Buy

veritas

Veteran-4
Besides you need something in a hurry, why the fuck do people shop here?

Prices are ridiculous, the people know fuck all about what they sell.

Its for people who don't trust the internet when buying electronic goods. It's also for people who want 1 on 1 help when buying electronic goods. Also for people in a hurry.

Or for getting a game/movie/cd (even though i haven't bought a movie or cd in a while) or some shit like that. If I need any accessories for ipod/etc I'll usually stop by there as well. Computer stuff and TVs I wouldn't get from there.

i bought that same monitor at best buy. it wasnt on sale though, but i didnt care. ended up at 370-ish, but i got to guarantee no dead pixels. best 22" out there. i'd say that it's the best monitor for gaming period.

I got a 22" widescreen monitor there for $139.

Hard to beat that. Sure it is a TN panel and it is a budget brand. But it has 2ms response time, looks good and is great for gaming.

Came with a DVI cable and an DVI to HDMI cable. Most monitors do not.

Last edited:
For smaller stuff... they are right around the corner and I can have it right fucking now. :D

I go there every year to buy their best flat screen for the superbowl, then I return it the following monday.

I only shop there for my USB cables.

;) (for those that don't know, they mark them up like 1000% <-- not exaggerating)

I get CDs there every now and then because it's the only place that carries a few things I like. I don't go there to "browse" CDs though. I have something in mind, and I look for it.

They also occasionally have DVD sales.

I got my current and last labtops there. They have kickass deals once in a while on them, other than that they exist for handling stuff (like a camera) before you buy it from the internets.

Best Buy isn't that bad. Depending on what you're getting a lot of their prices are the same as any other store.

Their black friday sales are usually pretty awesome, if a bit crowded,

Plus they can have some good sales from time to time.

[edit] Plus they kick the shit out of Circuit City which is the only comparable store around here.

Well cables are just ridiculously expensive. I have a Fry's not far from me.. maybe 5m.. BB is like 2m away. But maybe it's just this store. I found stuff to be marked up HIGHER than MSRP. Like a Saitek 2 KB was like 74.99$

Then again I think they rely on the nubs who don't know shit or are to pussy to buy stuff online. But jesus, there are people who shop there thinking IM SO COOL cuz they shop at Best Buy.

I don't get it... then again I also don't shop at abercrombie and shit like that.

You use them to look and feel, then you go online to buy it (for price).

somtimes you can work them over on a price match, usually not worth the headache.

BB makes crazy money on shit. A friend of my grandparents bought a new hdtv/bluray player and they got him to buy a $150 hdmi cable. Hopefully they'll listen and return it and buy a $6 hdmi cable from monoprice.

BB makes crazy money on shit. A friend of my grandparents bought a new hdtv/bluray player and they got him to buy a $150 hdmi cable. Hopefully they'll listen and return it and buy a $6 hdmi cable from monoprice.

i was in line for a tv last boxing day...some bitch kept running around trying to stock people up with these. i told everyone she talked to after she left about monoprice...too bad some people won't listen probably

Back