wow sucks

Fonix

Veteran X
The game itself is good... I just finished a 10 day free trial, and I had allot of fun playing it, it was my first MMORPG and I really enojoyed it, it was rather addicting. Now my 10 day trial is up, and instead of just letting me pay monthly for it now, they want me to buy it for $50... now don't get me wrong, thats not a bad price for a game of that calibur, but I have to buy it AND pay monthly... ?! I dont want a fucking box, game cds, or whatever else crappy junk they can fit in those new nifty game packages. I just want to fucking play it. Either price would be fine alone... but really... for $15 a month with a $50 purchase price? thats just fucking insane, it should atleast come with more than one free month.

Holy SHIT DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER WHY THERE IS A MONTHLY PRICE FOR THESE GAMES AGAIN? You bring this up like it's a new and insightful opinion, shut the fuck up.

Daedalus6 said:
Holy SHIT DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER WHY THERE IS A MONTHLY PRICE FOR THESE GAMES AGAIN? You bring this up like it's a new and insightful opinion, shut the fuck up.

Yes we do. Preferably with shiny graphs, large text and geometric proof's as evidence.

Daedalus6 said:
I didnt say there was anything new or shocking about my opinion. I have never tried a mmorpg or any game that I had to pay monthly for, but I did just realize that people are paying a company $15 a month to waste their lives.

edit -> btw yes please

Fonix said:
I didnt say there was anything new or shocking about my opinion. I have never tried a mmorpg or any game that I had to pay monthly for, but I did just realize that people are paying a company $15 a month to waste their lives.
I never said you said it was new. But we and everyone else has discussed this same fucking thing over and over so why bother bringing it up again? Either search or use some common sense.

edit: Oh and if you NEED some prespective on it, 10-15 dollars is one large pizza a month, big fucking deal (and for the record, I dont play any MMORPGs).

and yet you are here discussing it again? no really... I really dont understand the $15/month... dont tell me its all for mantinence because that is bullshit... actually shit out of my 10 day trial 2 of the days I was on it all the servers were down. so 4/5 aint bad for 15/mo... riiiiight. I mean for the amount of bandwidth used, storage, resources etc... that cant be more than $3 a month. If you actually could explain to me why/where the 15 is going to maybe... I'm just kind of trying to make sense of this

ninja edit.. btw... $15 a month is also a gym membership too

Yes that is pretty ridiculous, but I would gladly pay it if the game tickled my fancy. It's not that unreasonable. Remember back like 10 years ago people would pay $20 a month for far shittier games.

A $50 upfront cost is unreasonable for a game IMHO, MMORPG or not.

A monthly cost is unreasonable as well. Look at Tribes; there's no monthly cost for that.

old_skul said:
A $50 upfront cost is unreasonable for a game IMHO, MMORPG or not.

A monthly cost is unreasonable as well. Look at Tribes; there's no monthly cost for that.

Games don't make themselves for free. Development costs for a game like wow are huge. The monthly fee goes into the following

A.) Server upkeep/maitenence
B.) Help/support staff within the game.
C.) New game content. (Dungeons, skills, mobs, art to go along with it, etc).

They still make a sizable amount of profit from the fee, but it's not like its just server upkeep. There's a big staff they have to employ to keep the game running.

okay that makes a little more sense, I didnt realize that new content actually gets added to the game. That does justify it some

they could charge $5 a month and afford to pay off all their employees and server costs easily I'm sure.

Okay maybe this just takes it too far, but what if there was no monthly fee, servers were run by players themselves, and new content was introduced by the players themselves, I dont think that some people can deny that they enjoy making content for games (like tribes moders) why is that such a bad idea for a game?

Back