WoW Expansion

<fuckGD>heaven forbid we just post directly to the fuckin article of value. </fuckGD>

http://www.gamergod.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=287

somewhere between 15 - 20% of our accounts have at least one 60th level character, so the content needs to cater to those customers.

doesnt that seem low?

An expansion is planned, not in 2005, possibly in late 2006 barring unforeseen chaos. Work is already going on for the expansion, and it's going good. What to look for?

Blizzard is good at polishing what we do well. The WoW expansion will be like other game expansions in that there will be new characters, items, spells, etc. but it will have the Blizzard twist.

Grimwell:
What range of levels will the content cover in this expansion? Will it focus only on the high level characters, or will there be something for everyone at every level?

Shawn:
While the full range of levels is covered, it won't be equal; the support will be proportional to the population of the game, so it will tip to the high end of the game (as most veteran players will be of high level).

Any new quest arcs will fit into existing areas and arcs. Since WoW takes players on a deliberate path through the levels in specific areas, any new quests need to take advantage of these areas and pair up with existing content instead of making new areas for the same level range and moving or splitting up the player population.

Last edited:
late 2006 is bs

i hate how blizzard takes forever for everything, they don't understand the concept that customers don't like waiting.

albeit, when they release stuff it has a quality stamp all over it, but still :shrug:

i doubt WoW will hold my attention till 2006 WITHOUT an expansion.

i'm just bitter because i've been waiting for RPPVP server for almost a year, almost a year of waiting for something as simple as adding a RP in front of a PVP server's tag. It's not that hard blizzard.

my account was cancelled 2 months ago and is ending in oct. I'm not renewing it and was hoping the expansion coming out will give me a reason to. Guess that won't be for a long while.

Slobax said:
late 2006 is bs

i hate how blizzard takes forever for everything, they don't understand the concept that customers don't like waiting.

albeit, when they release stuff it has a quality stamp all over it, but still :shrug:

you realize this shit takes a fuckload to develop and that every other game company takes just as long, right?

they've cranked out tons of new content.

folks need to sometimes just muzzle the whining, for real. look for the positives once in a while...

if you expect an expansion pack out just to keep your interest, then just quit now.

there is really nothing to complain about given all the new FREE content that's been coming.

Last edited:
Vermillion1 said:
But dont forget, we are getting free content every 2 months...

I remember when they claimed free monthly content. And now I'm to the point where I didn't realize by content they meant constant nerf's to my class.

Slobax said:
late 2006 is bs

Please man, if you knew anything about Blizzard you would know they are QA nazis and perfectionists. They'll take however long it takes, because they people will buy it in the end. Though that was the non-MMP market, this MMO market is somewhat of a different beast.

I still haven't hit higher than 47 now, so I'm in no rush for an expansion. Yet anyway.

Back