World Victory [pics]

ChaoStar

Contributor
Veteran XX
After seeing Snapple's thread about the potato gun I decided to make my own. I have titled it 'World Victory'.

The pieces
1.jpg

If you ever make one of these make sure to use Schedule 40 pvc pipe because it is pressure rated. Cellular Core is BAD.
2.jpg

Inside the combustion chamber. You can see the igniter and a screw on the bottom so the spark has something to jump to.
3.jpg

Matte black paint looks nice
4.jpg

Sexy
5.jpg

We were able to test fire it. It worked quite well, but it was dark when we fired so we didn't get to see where the spud landed. But there was a loud bang and lots of flames. I will bump this thread later with official launch day pics/vids.

why the hell did you use pvc then paint it black? first of all, pvc will shatter even the higher rated stuff will. Use abs pipe, it doesn't shatter. Second of all, abs pipe is *gasp* black.

Fyre Knight said:
why the hell did you use pvc then paint it black? first of all, pvc will shatter even the higher rated stuff will. Use abs pipe, it doesn't shatter. Second of all, abs pipe is *gasp* black.

They didn't have the sizes I needed in ABS. And the ABS they did have wasn't pressure rated which means it was cellular core. Which is NOT meant for pressure. So fuck off.

ChaoStar said:
They didn't have the sizes I needed in ABS. And the ABS they did have wasn't pressure rated which means it was cellular core. Which is NOT meant for pressure. So fuck off.

Ahh, shitty hardware store, gotcha.

Back