World Cup 2010 Official Thread

euro-2004-portugal-188.jpg

ps

How badly would the US roll the rest of the world if our best athletes actually played soccer? It would be 10-0 every game. Too bad our quickest, fastest, and most athletic are all in the NFL/NBA.

ps

How badly would the US roll the rest of the world if our best athletes actually played soccer? It would be 10-0 every game. Too bad our quickest, fastest, and most athletic are all in the NFL/NBA.
that statement might rattle some cages if it weren't absolutely retarded

i still love you though e1 :]

I was just trying to be controversial.

In all seriousness though, if you had taught these kids soccer from the time they popped out of the crib:

DeSean Jackson
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Jahvid Best
Chris Johnson
Darrelle Revis
Eddie Royal
Jamaal Charles

=

world-cup.jpg

the attributes that make for good NFL or NHL players are not the same as those that make for good soccer players

i'd be fighting an uphill battle trying to explain why and don't really care to, but that's just how it is

i agree that if soccer was the premier sport of the country you'd be doing much better than you currently do in the world cup, but by no means would you romp all over everyone

professional basketball players would have no problem playing soccer

it takes a lot more coordination, talent, and athleticism to play basketball than it does soccer

monkey b is a fucking idiot, go fuck yourself you ogre

the attributes that make for good NFL or NHL players are not the same as those that make for good soccer players

i'd be fighting an uphill battle trying to explain why and don't really care to, but that's just how it is

i agree that if soccer was the premier sport of the country you'd be doing much better than you currently do in the world cup, but by no means would you romp all over everyone

I agree currently this is true, but im not sure if you really understand the quality of the athletes in the top leagues of this country. Yes, they are different, but these guys could adapt.

edit: i don't think people are really talking about the NHL either, just the skill position guys in the NFL and the NBA mainly

Last edited:
its like rugby players trying to play NFL and NFL players trying to play rugby

related sports, but totally different type of athleticism

we'd put dwight howard as goalie, kobe lebron strikers, ray lewis and ron artest as defenders and fill in the rest with top nfl/nba players. lewis and artest would probably both get red cards within 10 minutes tho

Back