[Worgen] Running Wild

JuSTCHiLLiN

Veteran XX
Some Blizz Douche said:
This isn't a matter of saving time. The animations still had to be made in order to make this feel cool.

It's a matter of preference and creating an immersive gameplay experience. Giving the worgen a distinct creature to ride just didn't feel right, but they can still ride other mounts if they meet the criteria. Right now we're okay with the fact that this particular race is different when it comes to mounts. We feel that makes it interesting, even if the Alliance gets less racial mounts as a result. There are plenty of mounts out there and we can always add more.

Ok, I flyby read mmo-champion so I really don't know the details but if they put this in a not put in plains running then that's fraked up.

Plains running worked in the early vanilla betas and a straight answer on why it was removed was never given.

I thought it pretty obvious why Plains-running was taken out.

1. Less cost, you didn't need to pay for training and a mount.
2. It would have been OP in PvP.

They couldn't tool out a way to reasonable add in a casting time like all the other mounts and probably couldn't figure a way to keep Taurens from running around at 160%/200% all the time while being able to fight/cast spells. At least to address that with worgen there is a way. It takes a bit of time to get into "running mode" and they have to run on all fours, which can explain away being able to run at mount speeds and not be able to do things like fight/cast spells.

The original Plainsrunning had a ramp up time to full speed after the cast. It was unwieldy and awkward and Tauren look retarded running on all fours, let alone two legs.

Running Wild behaves like a regular mount, except you don't mount anything. You just get a special animation to serve as your "mount." It works aesthetically for Worgen since there is a basic animation in use by Worgen NPCs when they run normally already.

Last edited:
The original Plainsrunning had a ramp up time to full speed after the cast. It was unwieldy and awkward and Tauren look retarded running on all fours, let alone two legs.

Running Wild behaves like a regular mount, except you don't mount anything. You just get a special animation to serve as your "mount." It works aesthetically for Worgen since there is a basic animation in use by Worgen NPCs when they run normally already.
This.

Plainsrunning never made sense to me. Since when were cows known for their speed? A tauren on all fours would look goofy as fuck.

It makes sense for worgen, but I'm glad I'm not alliance anymore because I would feel robbed of a racial mount. It's just boring imo.

This.

Plainsrunning never made sense to me. Since when were cows known for their speed? A tauren on all fours would look goofy as fuck.

Cows aren't known for their mountaineering skills either and yet most tauren settlements are in mountains and on cliffsides or other high altitude locations.

Watch, Horde will bitch and Taurens will have the option for plainstriding again.

Watching all of TotalHalibut's videos on the new Cataclysm dungeons I'm both excited and afraid. Excited people are going to have to pay attention and learn fights again, and afraid the devs will nerf the difficulty when they are hit with the unbearable weight of a tear tsunami from people QQ'ing it's too hard.

Back