Windows Media Player won't run...

Heimdal

Veteran XX
ok so not sure at all how this happened, but whenever i try to run WMP i get the error "An internal application error has occurred". not only will it not run, but i can't play .wmv movies on any player, and can't even use my zune software :\

i've tried all of the suggestions here Several dialog boxes are blank , and everything checks out fine. i tried rolling back to a previous version of it, and i get the first time setup options, then the same error when i try to run the actual player.

tried reinstalling 11, and it goes though the whole setup. then it tells me that "It was not possible to complete setup. For more assistance, click Web Help". clicking web help brings up a page for an error code (8007F0DA) that apparently microsoft has no information about.

i'm pretty much all out of ideas on what to try aside from maybe system restore. but i'd rather not have to unless it's the only way. anyone have any ideas? :(

that pretty much does what i was doing manually, but i'm holding on to it for future usage so thanks for that.

i did manage to fix it by going in and uninstalling every update dealing with media player, removing as much of it as i could. that seems to have done the trick.

Back