[Win7] Can't boot from the DVD

TheDemiGod

Veteran X
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 x64 on my system because I realized that I'm running 32-bit Vista and apparently 64-bit Windows 7 is better. I am going to reformat my hard drives and everything to do a clean install.

My problem is that my computer won't boot from the DVD. It doesn't even ask me if I want to (No "Press any key to boot from disk..." or anything).

I have already made sure to change my boot order in my BIOs so that it's:

Floppy Drive
CD/DVD Drive
Hard Drive
Network

My DVD drive is a SATA drive and it's recognized by windows and everything because I can burn disks and read CD's/DVD's but it's not showing up in BIOs under Optical Drives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch guys.

My computer doesn't even give me the option to try to boot from it.

I've tried a bunch of other Windows disks and such but no luck...

how much ram do you have? if you have 4gb or less i don't think it's worth it

also, you may need to press F8 to bring up the boot choice menu

I should have put this in the original post sorry,

Specs as follows:

E6600 Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
4 Gigs of DDR2
2 Sata HDD's in Raid 0
ATi HD 4870

yeah the f8 thing.

but then youre prly going to get something that says that it cant find a driver for your cd/dvd drive. then youre either going to have to preload some sata/ahci driver w/ a floppy disk, or youre going to have to install from a large usb stick . i'm having this same problem right now and it blows

I have a external hard drive... could I somehow boot from that, install windows 7 and stuff, without erasing everything else on it?

Update:

I have 2 SATA controllers on my computer and I switched the DVD drive to the other controller. The windows 7 dvd then gave me the option to start the installation, but as FLOOR said, it's telling me that my CD device drivers are missing; which is fucking stupid because I'm running the DVD.

This shit is really starting to drive me crazy.

Back