Why you shouldn't critcize president Bush!

icon

Should Have Title
Veteran X
A federal appeals court yesterday ruled that the president can toss any american citizen in jail, indefinitely, with no access to a lawyer, no right to appeal, without any evidence at all, simply by declaring the person an "enemy combatant".

Oh and the judge who wrote the opinion is on the president's list of possible supreme court nominees.

In light of this I would like to remind all you weasels, snitches, squealers, informers, stoolies, and backstabbing dirty, dirty rats, how much I love, pray for, and admire our president.

:sunny:

can I get a hallelujah?

(PS: I am now also a born again christian)

story

Last edited:
CarpeIppon said:
Wait till an innocent american is put behind bars. Then bitch. End of thread.

Things like "innocent" and "guilty" are old thinking bad-thought. You need some re-education to get your brain more double-plus-good.

Let's all send letters to the president that read nothing but "I am an enemy combatant." with a signature.

Can someone fill me in on the reasons these people think we need such powers vested in the President?

Is it so we can detain someone that we can't prove is guilty? Detaining people without charges prevents them from going to trial and being released due to lack of evidence.

But the administration has said this war could go on indefinitely. And the courts are now saying that while we're in this war, we can imprison anyone we want with two simple words.

I just don't see how any educated person who can see two days in front of them could possibly be in favor of this.

Seriously, if you need to see an innocent person in jail because of this before you come out against it, you need to re-evaluate your intelligence. Sure, *maybe* this won't be abused/used in error = *maybe* a lack of checks and balances won't blow up in our faces.

If you're for tough policies while we're at war, great. So am I. But the things that make this justifiable fall apart when you're at war "indefinitely."

CarpeIppon said:
Wait till an innocent american is put behind bars. Then bitch. End of thread.

Dunno about that. Americans now know the possible punishment for exercising their right to free speech. For some, that's going to be a deterent
And for the very predictable Right wing-Jesus-Republican argument of "pfft, that's never going to happen, and anyone that thinks there is the slightest chance it ever would is a fucking idiot." - my question is "Why make the resolution in the first place?"

Wow, what a fantastic way to dispose of one's political enemies...

bushhitler20lv.jpg

Can you say dictatorship? I say ASSWIPE!

Back