Why the hell is this news?

Slash

Veteran X
FOXNews.com - Lindsay Lohan Calls Obama First 'Colored President' in Interview - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Lindsay Lohan Calls Obama First ‘Colored President’ in Interview

From the article:

just call her Lindsay Bunker.

Lindsay Lohan used a derogatory term for African Americans most commonly used by racist character Archie Bunker in the 1970s sitcom “All In the Family.”

“It’s an amazing feeling. It’s our first, you know, colored president,” the 22-year-old actress said in response to a question from Maria Menounos on “Access Hollywood” about her reaction to Obama’s win in the 2008 presidential race”

First of all I realize that I’m not black but why would the term “colored” be derogatory? this isn’t the 1970’s and I dare say that she isn’t half as intelligent as Mr. Bunker, any potential racism aside. In any instance such as this you’d have to analyze the choice of words versus the character of the person saying those words. Let’s go over some of her character shall we?

1. Car accident in August 2004
2. Car accident in October 2005
3. Car accident in November 2006
4. Entered rehab on January 18, 2007
5. DUI & rehab on may 26, 2007
6. Felony possession of cocaine & DUI on July 24, 2007
7. Rehab for third time on August 2007

Going with those seven events in her life I can come to only one conclusion, she is an idiot and as a result chose her words poorly. Like many other “celebrities”, people have put too much stock into what she says and how she conducts her roles. She’s as fallible as the rest of us and therefore isn’t special, except in the minds of pathetic individuals who idolize wealth and status above all else. There was no racism here, at worst it’s stupidity.

So in closing I’d like to ask: Why the hell is this news?

hopenosis.gif

Because we're hung up on the lifestyles of the rich and famous?

Personally, I just think they're around for comedic relief... a little like retards.

The television interview comes on the heels of a sit-dwon with "Harper's Bazaar" magazine where Lohan denied being a lesbian, but admitted to being in love with her female partner of several months, Samantha Ronson.
I read that as "Herpes Bazaar".

FOXNews.com - Lindsay Lohan Calls Obama First 'Colored President' in Interview - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Lindsay Lohan Calls Obama First ‘Colored President’ in Interview

From the article:

First of all I realize that I’m not black but why would the term “colored” be derogatory? this isn’t the 1970’s and I dare say that she isn’t half as intelligent as Mr. Bunker, any potential racism aside. In any instance such as this you’d have to analyze the choice of words versus the character of the person saying those words. Let’s go over some of her character shall we?

1. Car accident in August 2004
2. Car accident in October 2005
3. Car accident in November 2006
4. Entered rehab on January 18, 2007
5. DUI & rehab on may 26, 2007
6. Felony possession of cocaine & DUI on July 24, 2007
7. Rehab for third time on August 2007

Going with those seven events in her life I can come to only one conclusion, she is an idiot and as a result chose her words poorly. Like many other “celebrities”, people have put too much stock into what she says and how she conducts her roles. She’s as fallible as the rest of us and therefore isn’t special, except in the minds of pathetic individuals who idolize wealth and status above all else. There was no racism here, at worst it’s stupidity.

So in closing I’d like to ask: Why the hell is this news?
I would argue that it's less racist than calling black people "African." At least "colored" is more accurate.

but Obama is African-American
He's not from Africa. His dad is.

Also, I wouldn't call myself a Kansan-Californian because one of my parents was from Kansas. That's just stupid. The geographic location of my parents' birth is of no useful consequence to me as an individual.

I consider any adherence to the petty concept of race to be racist.

Last edited:
He's not from Africa. His dad is.

Also, I wouldn't call myself a Kansan-Californian because one of my parents was from Kansas. That's just stupid. The geographic location of my parents' birth is of no useful consequence to me as an individual.

I consider any adherence to the petty concept of race to be racist.
His father is African. His mother is American. That tells me he's African-American.

Back