Why is there no "Pop Band"?

Caswell

Veteran XX
Like pop music or not (I don't like a lot of it)...am I missing something? If you made Rock Band, but filled it with the latest crap off the radio...it would sell even better than Rock Band. I can't count how many times people (usually women) ask if there are any Brittney Spears/Madonna/Justin Timberlake/etc songs.

My only guess is they want more for royalties...

12478.jpg

You understand what "pop" music means? There are definitely pop bands.

While I fully grasp that pop = popular. Perhaps it's a regional thing, but pop isn't used to describe rock music. There are a few songs in Rockband I'd call pop...but the game is directed at rock music.

Techincally Rock is a form of pop music...but I've always used it to describe the Brittney/etc type songs.

because pop music isnt very guitar friendly

i would like to see like "drum hero hip hop and soul" that shit would be funktastic

While I fully grasp that pop = popular. Perhaps it's a regional thing, but pop isn't used to describe rock music. There are a few songs in Rockband I'd call pop...but the game is directed at rock music.

Techincally Rock is a form of pop music...but I've always used it to describe the Brittney/etc type songs.

And it has to do with the structure and substance of songs as much as radio play. Example: Lifehouse. Lifehouse is a pop band.

Back