Why do we not concern ourselves with genocide around the world?

new_skul

Human Chia Pet++
Veteran XX
Over 100,000,000 people have died as a result of genocides in this century. Yet perhaps .1% of that number have died as a result of terrorism. Why do we not go into Sudan and stop the killing in Darfur? How many of the genocides here has the US tried to stop, or for that matter any country?

Shouldn't this outrage more people than terrorism?

Silly new_skul...there's no money in stopping genocide in Darfur.

Except for the "Don't Kill Me, Bro" T-Shirts...

It's none of our business. Let the United Nations take care of it. Also, maybe it's time France, Germany, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada stepped up and helped out.

The U.K. and USA are busy right now. The Chinese have their own problems. Try again later.

Outrage is such a funny term. People get all riled up just enough to talk about how riled up they are. Nothing's stopping you from going over to Darfur right now. People are all talk.

Over 100,000,000 people have died as a result of genocides in this century. Yet perhaps .1% of that number have died as a result of terrorism. Why do we not go into Sudan and stop the killing in Darfur? How many of the genocides here has the US tried to stop, or for that matter any country?

Shouldn't this outrage more people than terrorism?

I would love to see your idea for stopping genocide, anywhere.

I would love to see your idea for stopping genocide, anywhere.

Export McDonalds, World of Warcraft, and Kittens.

McDonalds will make them all fat, Warcraft will keep them busy and provide an outlet for rage, and kittens are just cute.

Either that or get all of Sub Sahara Africa and South East Asia addicted to opium.

then we move on to plan B with the opium and toss in cat nip as well. when the nip takes effect, the chinese move in and gain a wonderful supply of meat to feed their ever growing population.

Let me guess you are one of those people that complains the US should not be the world police while crying how the US does not do enough to protect the rest of the world.

The killings in Darfur and Bosnia and any of the other genocides that have taken place in the last century don't have any immediate impact on the taxpayers of the USA. Therefore we wring our hands over Arabs on airplanes, and spend money on Iraq.

What a fucking failure of a country we are.

Back