Why do people support McCain?

Iason

Veteran X
I can see the (retarded) arguments that Obama can't win because he's a minority, he didn't grow up in the US, etc.

But really what has McCain got going for him? I'm going to go see him Sunday if I can just to see what the hoopla is about.

It's textbook Douchebag vs. a Turd Sandwich.

They are both pawns of a system designed to make you think you have some sort of control. We have no control.

Second verse, same as the first.

More goes into who you support than just the person - like who they are against

Here's why I'm leaning towards mccain:

He's not a warmonger, but should be able to exercise good judgment (pro tip: bush didn't have any military experience... You want another commander n chief with no milotary experience?)

He's not afraid to stand up to own party when he feels they are wrong

He has lot of experience working with both parties to get things done. Something obama has not had enough time to prove he can do

The iraq war has been given a timetable. Neither candidate will change that - the war is a moot point now.

Obama wants taxes to pay for kids to go to college

Obama has one year experience as an active senetor (one year campaigning doesn't count...)

Obama wants to take money from rich people and create more useless programs.

Obama thinks raising the capital gains taxes will help the economy.... Yeah....

Also, the democrats refuse to do something to get us more oil. They think the technology to become oil independent will be good enough and affordable in the next few years - I disagree. I know we need to get off oil but let's face it, we're far away from that. So while we try to make alternative fuels and sources, we should do somethig to make oil more affordable. Obama has no plan to do this....

Lastly mccain is a moderate - which is what I want runing our country. Don't mistake him playing to the repubs now as him being a die hard repub. If you recall they once tried to kick him out of the party because he kept voting against them...

Do you want a democratoc puppet when they already control most of congress???

American's are incapable of electing a leader that represents their nation so that they don't look like a bunch of redneck nigger-haters.

What is the hoopla about Obama?

How much change can a President really make?

Id point to JFK

a president isnt just a person who is there to pass laws, negotiate strikes, and govern wars. The president has the power to inspire the people of our country to want more....to do more....to achieve more. It takes a man of vision, strength, intelligence, and charisma.

So many of a presidents decisions are made on the recommendations of their aids. I think Mccain and obama will make most of those same decisions based on the facts they are given. But its obama who has those qualities which will inspire americans to achieve more and restore the thought government can be an instrument of hope of change

Seriously, people who support any candidate so vehemently while only focusing on the election and not the entire system are idiotic.

Back