why do people edit their license plate out when posting car pics?

Armed with ones license plate data, one might be able to steal the cars' soul pieces. Duh.

on the gun boards, people always edit out their serial numbers when postin pics.

paranoia?

I suppose some loony could track down your plates...

Worse case someone spends the $30.00 to find out the information that was involved to get the plate...

Leading to what who knows...

General internet paranoia, I suppose. The people that either A) haven't done anything to piss anyone off, or B) are so e-thug tough, are probably the people that wouldn't edit out their plates. That leaves everyone else.

Last edited:
Mud Sloth said:
or B) are so e-thug tough are probably the people that wouldn't edit out their plates.

There was this fellow on another forum that posted his entire home address and tele number on the board, cause he thinks he tough...

Here in TX you can find people's info like address and name from a plate number, dunno about other states.

I know people who have access to skip tracing equipment. I'm sure others do too. With a license plate it's easy to look someone up.

Aestis said:
Here in TX you can find people's info like address and name from a plate number, dunno about other states.
wtf do you mean "here in TX"????

When did you leave the VA/MD area???!

i figured it was something like that, but i thought only cops & like Magnum PI or folks who "know someone on the force" could get in to "run a plate". better safe than sorry i guess :shrug:

So some crazy lurker freak or something doesn't have a way to hunt your ass down just from the picture.

JodoFett said:
So some crazy lurker freak or something doesn't have a way to hunt your ass down just from the picture.

That is not true...Their are sites one can goto with variations of cost that will enable look up into all kinds of stuff one normally would not find...

All within the limits of law...

Ever try entering phone numbers into google.com?

*SPAWN* TEHVUL said:
That is not true...Their are sites one can goto with variations of cost that will enable look up into all kinds of stuff one normally would not find...

All within the limits of law...

Ever try entering phone numbers into google.com?
It isn't perfect or anything, but if you have a funny image and it gets spread around the net, it stops some psycho or something from raping you well you watch the Care Bear movie. I don't care much about TW peeps, it's the peeps that TW peeps send stuff too.

hey pendragon, i get that gun soon...i think.

im kinda debating whether i should get it now...i didn't really want a silver one :[

Back