Who Just Yanks Portable Devices Out Of The USB Port Without Ejecting Them In The OS?

I'm a yanker, except my iPod I eject.

Edit: Oh wow I'm a Vet4

Last edited:
I sold a 2 gig USB drive to a friend at work. After about 5 weeks, it died on him and he has a constant habit of pulling the drive out without stopping the device via the OS first.

I've always unloaded the proper way and I've never had any USB device die on me.

Lost 2 thumdrives due to it. Suddenly my Corsair voyager was seen as "generic usb device" and I couldn't write to it.
No more Yanky for me.

I eject my iPod yet yank everything else
there's times for yanking and times for ejaculation... i mean ejection

ipod and maybe digital camera eject. takes 2 seconds. scanner/printer.. jerk it (sometimes along w/ myself. 2 birds w/ 1 stone)

yank, but the few times ive ever yanked on OS X it corrupted the data, the drive was fine just the data was corrupt. OS X doesnt handle the process as well as the Windows XP

hmm wasn't aware of the corruption crap. sounds like they need to make usb 3.0 be able to be unplugged without stupid eject crap

i never eject it, not even on osx

as long as it's not actively reading from or writing to you're not likely to have a problem, i know i never have

yank, but the few times ive ever yanked on OS X it corrupted the data, the drive was fine just the data was corrupt. OS X doesnt handle the process as well as the Windows XP

jesus fucking christ dont let the apple fanboys hear you say that

fucking dangerous

Back