who else thinks grand theft auto is boring?

beat the game and all the missions...there is no value in going back and hitting all the jumps and shit just so you can get 100%

vice city was my favorite of the series so far, gta 4 is really cool in the immersive enviroment and some new features that add to the combat and such but overall a little dissapointing content wise. considering how much crazy shit was in gta SA (which i think is the worst in the series but a great fucking game) i am not rascist but i couldn't get over the street thug shit. and i really fucking hate how many fucking rap and rasta shit on the new soundtrack. its like i went to fucking jamica or something and not nyc. the friends shit is annoying and stupid, fun for the first few times but fuck off seriously stop calling me i dont want to do the same shit over and over like go instantly get drunk and try to drive home or stumble over finding a cab that wont allow it to be hailed because by the time you stumble over its gone. i could go on with the downs but the pros still outweigh them. If EA takes over the GTA series, it will be dead. I will buy the next one for sure if rockstar under take two makes it because this is the first game i have been disapointed in actually content and i still have hope.

Last edited:
I think all the people complaining about the new car physics think that grandma's oldsmobile comes with sport tuned suspension.

The 'friends' shit has caused me to stop playing. Don't they have testers to give them feedback about this type of garbage?

I'm only halfway through, and already I have to worry about roman, jacob, brucie, packie, dwayne, and whatever bitches I'm trying to date.

At this point, I find myself pulling up my phone to check the time of day, and if it's between 2pm and midnight, I spend the next 10 hours(in-game) calling these faggots and keeping them happy.

That's almost 50% of my in-game time, spent driving back and forth to retarded locations. Did someone really think that this would be fun?

I think all the people complaining about the new car physics think that grandma's oldsmobile comes with sport tuned suspension.

The way I see this:

Either

1. You're right and all cars do handle that poorly in real life (though I doubt it) however this makes driving less fun and annoys me.

2. You're wrong and the physics are cartoonish in order to make it more challenging/fun/loldrift but this makes driving less fun and annoys me.

I was really happy with the taxi feature of GTA IV because it meant I didn't have to drive everywhere.

Then I realised it's a driving game, and became depressed.

The 'friends' shit has caused me to stop playing. Don't they have testers to give them feedback about this type of garbage?

I'm only halfway through, and already I have to worry about roman, jacob, brucie, packie, dwayne, and whatever bitches I'm trying to date.

At this point, I find myself pulling up my phone to check the time of day, and if it's between 2pm and midnight, I spend the next 10 hours(in-game) calling these faggots and keeping them happy.

That's almost 50% of my in-game time, spent driving back and forth to retarded locations. Did someone really think that this would be fun?

did someone miss the whole point of having a silent mode on the phone ???

At first I thought the game was decent, pretty fun at best.

Then I found the first-person driving mode, which imo made the game about 10x better. Suddenly you appreciate all the graphics a lot more, and car chases/hitting people/etc. are a lottttt more fun. It also makes the game a bit more challenging because you can't just magically see beside/behind you and around corners.

One thing, however, that pisses me off about the game is how often you get hit by random cars in traffic. I'll get out of a taxi and bloops, some car accidentally hits me and for the next 10 seconds my guy is getting up.

I'm usually so annoyed by this that I take out my shotgun and gun down whoever ran me over, and spend the next 2 minutes evading police. But in the end it's worth it.

Do their opinions of you or whatever go down if you silence the phone?

I don't belive so. It halts any phone-based mission prompts so I'd assume that goes for friendship issues too.

It sounds like some of you are a bit obsessive about constantly keeping them happy, though. It's not really necessary. :confused:

did someone miss the whole point of having a silent mode on the phone ???

I believe that puts the entire story on hold, which doesn't do me much good if I want to continue the story line but just not be bothered by these constant requests to 'do something'

I haven't actually tried it though so yeah you may be right

vice city was my favorite of the series so far, gta 4 is really cool in the immersive enviroment and some new features that add to the combat and such but overall a little dissapointing content wise. considering how much crazy shit was in gta SA (which i think is the worst in the series but a great fucking game) i am not rascist but i couldn't get over the street thug shit. and i really fucking hate how many fucking rap and rasta shit on the new soundtrack. its like i went to fucking jamica or something and not nyc. the friends shit is annoying and stupid, fun for the first few times but fuck off seriously stop calling me i dont want to do the same shit over and over like go instantly get drunk and try to drive home or stumble over finding a cab that wont allow it to be hailed because by the time you stumble over its gone. i could go on with the downs but the pros still outweigh them. If EA takes over the GTA series, it will be dead. I will buy the next one for sure if rockstar under take two makes it because this is the first game i have been disapointed in actually content and i still have hope.

vice city was definately my favorite too. the friends management thing was stupid in this game. i felt like i spent more time trying to keep them happy then i did enjoying the rest of the game. getting rid of purchasing property sucked too. You have all that money and nothing to spend it on.

I believe that puts the entire story on hold, which doesn't do me much good if I want to continue the story line but just not be bothered by these constant requests to 'do something'

I haven't actually tried it though so yeah you may be right

It *can* put the story on hold, but only the parts of the story that are initiated by someone calling you. You can still visit the people that have icons on your map and get missions from them. Basically you will eventually get to a point where no missions are available until you turn the phone back on, then someone will call you and that kicks off the next story segment.

You do not lose happiness from your friends in that mode either, I normally leave it on sleep mode unless I have no missions to do.

getting rid of purchasing property sucked too. You have all that money and nothing to spend it on.

agreed. why the fuck would they remove that aspect of the game when it's obvious that everyone enjoyed it. it amazes me that these people who are capable of making such complex games can be completely brain-dead when it comes to the most obvious things.

Back