Which is better... Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

i'm unable to finish RB on expert because of Green Grass and High Tides :(
Are you using the normal RB guitar?

A friend of mine is an RB nut (like 220 DL tracks, all beaten on expert), and he was stuck on GG&HT for a long time. Turns out it was the guitar. He bought NYKO and beat it easily.

I never beat GG&HT in RB1, but their triplet recognition sucks ass. Honestly, I want the drums from GH4 and everything else from RB for my PS3. I could just rock out on my Xbox360, but I think I want PS3 stuff this time :shock:

Only on Xbox360, and the full bundle won't be available until October. But if you have RB1, everything works fine on RB2 and you can transfer the RB1 songs over.

Tracklist is ok, the early levels are not as much fun as RB1 (Modest Mouse, Survivor, Interpol vs. Nirvana, Weezer? No.), but there are a lot of standout tracks later on. Frankly, I'd have paid it just for Foo Fighters - Everlong and Pearl Jam - Alive. Great tracks.
Later on there are tons of really fun songs on drums at least.

Spoonman, Aqualung, and The Trees are my personal favorites. And of course Pinball Wizard, hell all of The Who songs. Love the fact that DLC carries over. Moving Pictures just came out this week so YYZ, masters of Tom Sawyer and Limelight, and of course the rest of the album...all fun as hell.

I never beat GG&HT in RB1, but their triplet recognition sucks ass. Honestly, I want the drums from GH4 and everything else from RB for my PS3. I could just rock out on my Xbox360, but I think I want PS3 stuff this time :shock:
Me and a few buddies split the bill on a RB2 drum kit (not the 300 dollar one...just the new 80 dollar one) and it works perfectly...I'm not sure if we'll be doing the same thing for the GHWT kit but honestly it's very rare to get a really shitty drumkit this time around. I had 2 kits ship broken for RB1 and the 3rd one flat out broke. New one doesn't have any issues thusfar.

Well I hate the fact that the RB1 drum kit was without cymbals. Since I actually play drums I would get SUPER irate that I would not be hitting my hi-hat and shit.

RB2 is win especially if you own the first. All your downloaded songs play in the new version, you can even import the Rockband 1 songs into RB2. That's fucking money.

Are you using the normal RB guitar?

A friend of mine is an RB nut (like 220 DL tracks, all beaten on expert), and he was stuck on GG&HT for a long time. Turns out it was the guitar. He bought NYKO and beat it easily.

no, i'm using the GH3 guitar, which probably makes things harder because i have to strum through the solos instead of tapping.

I prefer rockband 1 & 2 over GH. They're pretty much the same shit, but I find that the animations in GH make me sick after a couple of songs, doesnt seem to happen with RB though. And rock band 2 has some pretty good songs on the disc (eg. The presidents of the united stats of america - Lump)

i use to play Guitar Hero a lot untill i got a real guitar.

Seriously i am not knocking GH or RB they can be fun but when you finnally get past that and get a real guitar you prolly wont look back. the only time i ever play GH or RB anymore is when i go somewhere and people are playing it. Other then that i just have to much fun noobing it up with real guitar now a days

Every time I play GH3 I want to smash the toy guitar through my TV.

No matter how perfectly I play the song, there is always 1 note that doesn't register or something and ruins my FC. The lag between audio/video/wireless guitar and the speed of the notes on expert just make it fucking impossible to get 100% and it drives me insane.

Rock Band is the true Guitar Hero 1 & 2 successor. The people doing Guitar Hero now are terrible at making fun note charts. The only upper tier song in GH3 that I enjoy playing is Cliffs of Dover.

Completely agree. If you want to have fun while still being challenged then RB is the way to go. If you want to forget that it's a music game and just hardcore concentrate on button pushing then GH is your game.

Cliffs of Dover is the only upper tier song that is really difficult but still fun ti play on expert. The others are just memorization and not much fun.

RB is just smoother and more fun.

I do both. They are totally different. Rockband for now offers more in terms of gameplay since it has more instruments, but GH is fixing that. Either way, the game is not like playing a real guitar or the real thing. They are different experiences.

I'm waiting on GHWT here. Drums look sweet, bass actually has something unique to it (open face note), and the wtf-slider for guitar. The music composing tool is also something I will probably mess around with.

Spoiler

Back