Which DK build?

Because the people griefing you got bored. Grats on winning a war of attrition for shitty loot that no one wants.

I'm not saying world bosses in general are bad. I'm saying some of the ones that they have implemented are.

now i think you're the one that's trolling

since every single priest back in the day needed an eye of shadow (kazzak), and every guild that wanted to progress in ahn-qiraj needed epic plate NR from the emerald dragons

since every single priest back in the day needed an eye of shadow (kazzak), and every guild that wanted to progress in ahn-qiraj needed epic plate NR from the emerald dragons
Yes, there were a few decent items (EoS [which eventually dropped off regular elites], the massively OP Doomhide Gauntlets, and one BC item I can't remember), but in general World-boss loot is shit. Yeah, we needed NR gear, but not a single fucking person wanted that shit. I'm glad they wised up and made resist gear craftable/buyable, and generally dropped resist fights completely. I *hated* that bullshit.

you say wised-up, i say went casual

things like that prevented the dreaded purplitis disease that spread like wildfire in WotLK to every single two-bit player and their free-trial buddy

there's no accomplishment in easily obtaining items that every one else has

you say wised-up, i say went casual

things like that prevented the dreaded purplitis disease that spread like wildfire in WotLK to every single two-bit player and their free-trial buddy

there's no accomplishment in easily obtaining items that every one else has
So get Proto-drakes and titles. Different mechanic, same shit. Just because crap_rogue_002 has the same gear as I do doesn't mean he doesn't suck shit, and anyone that isn't a retard can tell the difference anyway.

It's no secret how casual-friendly this game has become, and how easy raiding and loot is to come by, but LOL, going back to outdoor raids? No thanks. I guess I'm one of the few people that never found that fun in the first place.

I mean, yeah, riding to a far away land to kill a dragon with 39 other people, get loot for 2-3 people was exciting for the first one or two times.

I'd like to see more Onyxia and Sarth-style one-off dragon raids. They need to open more portals in the dragonshrine.

:disgust:

Sadly though, it was more fun griefing alliance raids dying alone and causing wipes than it was to actually kill the boss. There were times I'd logout griefing alliance on an emerald dragon only to login before work 5-6 hours later and they're still being griefed over the same dragon.

Even in TBC it was fun to fly over Kazzak and dismount at an opportune time to wipe an alliance raid by myself, I laughed every time I did it. Sure it pissed me off when it happened to our attempts but turnabout is fair play.

World PVP didn't die with the removal of the idea of outdoor raid bosses, it died with dishonorable kills and negative honor. When people would do nothing more than haul ass to the nearest guard/town to watch you get killed by guards rather than try fighting then world pvp became pointless and boring. I still fly up and kill alliance doing dailies out of boredom, but it really doesn't take much skill since 2/3 of my level 80 toons are almost guaranteed to win if I get the jump (3/3 if my warrior isn't jumping a mage).

I already made the switch to blood since unholy will suck in 3.2

I'm picking up some 1h's just in case DW ends up being good

Jury's still out on Unholy. The change to Unholy Blight (stacking, cumulative) could make Death Coil extremely OP. We'll see how it plays out.

I hate the change to Desecration, personally.

I don't care about that. It was an area snare that also increased my damage output. That made it AWESOME for trash packs. Now it's just garbage.

Whatever. I'll just put those points in Desolation I guess.

I want to see what DW frost both dps and tanking are like. Currently the big issue is threat while dw tanking and with the new talent that goes away. The loss of yellow damage sounds like it's sort of being solved too for dps. should be interesting.

Back