Where to buy a computer online?

Maniac

n3rd5
Veteran X
Alright tw friends and comrades.

My c: drive died last night, so my old computer is officially out of commission. I've been thinking about buying a new desktop for a couple of months now, so I think I just got a sign from god that now is the right time.

My wonderful question for you: Where is the best place to go to buy a customizable computer online?

Normally I'd go straight to Dell, but from what I understand they've been on a pretty sharp decline recently. Again, I'm looking for something that I can customize and isn't shitty quality. While, obviously, I don't want to pay nine thousand dollars, price is not my first concern.

While I did build the computer that is now broken (about 4 years ago), I haven't been completely happy with it. I've always had various small and annoying issues. I'm right smack-dab in the middle of a very busy school year, so I don't really have the time and/or energy to research a new computer and build it myself. I haven't paid any attention to any of that stuff for a while now (about 4 years, ironically).

Thanks for inputs, the turtle thanks thee :]

I know Dell is an option, but like I said, I thought their quality has been decreasing over recent years. Is that wrong?

Any other quality options?

I know Dell is an option, but like I said, I thought their quality has been decreasing over recent years. Is that wrong?

Any other quality options?
WTF? they got Juggs for tech support to help you along during any problems. Quality is not lacking indeed.

I've bought 3 Dells (none for me, all for family/friends) in the past 3 months. None of them have had any issues other than people getting used to Vista.

And newegg.com is mainly for parts not whole computers...

I should probably include that I am looking for a (mostly) gaming computer. I will use excel, word, aim/wlm, irc, and so on. But I'm looking for primarily a gaming computer.

When I hear Tiger Direct, my mind conjures up some horror stories of people getting shitty products from them. Is that true, or am I thinking of a different company?

Anyone else have any experience with Tiger Direct?

pretty sure that's a different company..

tigerdirect isn't only online, they have a huge store not even 15 miles from me

edit: I should include i purchased my custom computer from them and it's going on 3 years old.. not one hardware failure yet

amd 64 x2 3800+ 1GB corsair XMS, 7800 GT 256mb, 74gig raptor SATA

Back