when tvs are new

wetwilly

Veteran XV
is it normal for a few colours to be running?

on my satellite tv guide the colors mostly yellow have a bit of a smudge close to them, is this something that just sort of has to be broken in or is there something i need to adjust on the tv?
or is it a piece of shit

it is

hi (i dont know who you are if you do not tell me!)

ride it out? i dont understand, just get a new one before it expires you mean?

wetwilly said:
it is

hi (i dont know who you are if you do not tell me!)

ride it out? i dont understand, just get a new one before it expires you mean?

I mean leave the TV alone, this problem always goes away about a week after the warranty expires.

when I got my wega a couple years ago it didn't do that at first, but after a couple months it started doing it. it doesn't do it anymore tho and I forgot about it till just now when you mentioned it :)

one thing I'm really pissed off about this tv is the way the screen skews the picture with digital signals such as ps2 and dvds. it started a couple months after the warranty expired and I dunno what caused it but sony says it needs a new tube and that costs more than the tv is worth :\

Hmm sandpaper? (sorry, had to be done)

No, that's not normal. At least no TV I've ever bought had done that. I would return it ASAP.

calibrate it first with this DVD (you should calibrate all your TVs every year or two to help ensure PQ is always good). this will not only answer your question, but it'll also extend the TV's life by a considerable amount (esp if it's a CRT TV).

also, try giving it a day or two. if the problem persists and it's a CRT TV, you will need to get it realigned, which takes fucking forever and is expensive. if this is the case, return it and get a new one.

Back