When are people doing to realize that communties

Anyway, a prime example of what I'm talking about is Jedi Outcast. What started out to be a great game is now a butchered POS that no one plays anymore, all because the devs listened to the whining majority of the community.

I haven't played Jedi Outcast in a while. What did they do to it exactly?

The multiplayer wasn't that great last time I played.

Hm yeah I played JK2 (got my start in FPS in JK), and it was ok, not sure how they butchered it as it wasn't much fun MP. Anyways, I can't believe that I'm hearing someone complain about a company trying to improve their game for the community that plays it. Of course they are going to listen to the majority, or at the very least the vocal ones - do you expect them to read the minds of the "casual" (aka you) gamer and give them (you) what they want?

aegisalpha said:
I haven't played Jedi Outcast in a while. What did they do to it exactly?

The multiplayer wasn't that great last time I played.

Oh let's see. They reduced light saber damage across the board, increased automatic blocking to a rediculous level, nerfed easily-conterable moves into non-use, greatly reduced ammo for guns(really hurt the CTF part of the game), nerfered various force powers that did not need nerfing.

What happened was primarily the dueling part of the community did not like how fast duels would end, they wanted to have the long drawn out saber fights you see in the movies with all the cool moves and blocks. Nothing wrong with that.

But instead of making it so you can do the blocks yourself, the main answer they came up with was to reduce overall light saber damage so that it took longer to kill someone thus having longer duels, add lots of automatic blocking in there and duels took ridiculously long to finish while 10 or more people are waiting in line to fight.

But I would have been happy if they had just done those changes for the dueling mode, it really fucked up CTF to the point that you were an idiot if tried using the light saber at all.

Last edited:
Magikal Groove said:
Hm yeah I played JK2 (got my start in FPS in JK), and it was ok, not sure how they butchered it as it wasn't much fun MP. Anyways, I can't believe that I'm hearing someone complain about a company trying to improve their game for the community that plays it. Of course they are going to listen to the majority, or at the very least the vocal ones - do you expect them to read the minds of the "casual" (aka you) gamer and give them (you) what they want?

Well, the vast majority of sales come from the casual gamers, so if you make a game or change it based on a small group of people's ideas without knowing if those ideas are what the casual gamer likes or wants you are taking a big risk.

wtf i thought this thread was about helping out your community. and the answer is supporting my local liquor store.

Back