What's your favorite Pasta Sauce?

Well its supposedly alfredo, but I don't measure a lick.
Rub a few cloves of garlic in evoo till the oil is warm,
then add a cuppa broth, cuppa skim milk, pinch salt, pinch white pepper, couple of grinds of black pepper, spoon or so of flour, and maybe half a cup or more of grated Parmesan till its thick enough to stick on whatever.
Sometimes I get daring and leave the garlic in, or mince it and leave it in from the start.
Perfect on veggies, pastas, and proteins.

My own creamy bolognese.

Make a typical bolognese, and finish with a couple of spoons of cream and a hand full of shredded mozzarella.

alfredo with either red or green chile is pretty awesome (i live in new mexico). i like creamy marinaras w/ all sorts of shit in them too, like veggies or meat. spiced up a little bit is even better

don't make me choose

Marinara w meatballs and tons of parm is one of my favorites, but butter and parm with some spinach and mushrooms is not something I can easily dismiss.

You mean instead of pine nuts I would tend to think, and I use roasted pistachios which are crack too.

pine nuts are in the recipe, but using walnuts is just as common as pine nuts. Either way, I'm a pesto fan, but I like to swap the nuts to pecans. Never tried pistachios. Will give that a shot.

Back