what's the difference between blackholes and wormholes?

both cases can happen to a star, it can go nova and become a blackhole...all depending on size and surrounding conditions.

the question is how are the so called ' super massive' black holes formed(once at the centers of galaxies and maybe universe)?

[THE]Perrin said:
When a star reaches the end of it's life, it goes through a singularity.

This is wear the star either Explodes (Supernova's) or Implodes (basically sucking it's mass into itself achieving a much high mass and density, depending on how large the star was. This mass and density will determine the size of the Event Horizon. Or the distance to the center of the hole in which light seizes to be able to escape. At that point any particle that comes close to it will be be sucked into the center of the black hole.

Some time travel theories go, that if you could boomerang yourself around the event horizon, at a speed where you would be effected, but not sucked into the center. This would cause time to slow down, as every does closer to a black hole. And thus you could essentially travel forward in time.

The big bang theory I believe kind of goes off of a similar concept, that the universe is shrinking, and that it will reach a point where it's shrunk to the point of infinate mass, and infinate density, at which point it explodes outward.

:shrug:

I read one of stephen hawkings physics books when I was like 14. Awesome stuff. I used to have the exact point where a star is unable to support itself, and thus becomes a singularity memorized.

i wish i could go back in time and tell myself not to suck at certain points.

btw event horizon wasa scary fucking movie

lol,

I'm so tired,

I love reading what is actually an intelligent though come across as retarded because of lovely spelling errors like spelling where, wear.

And yea, I have an event horizon poster on my wall.

INFINITE SPACE

INFINITE TERROR

EVENT HORIZON

event horizon is top 5 scary movies.

kinda bizarre how super black holes work, everything sucked into apoint of singularity then ejected out both sides. Fucked up thing that can have such an insane power to make matter move faster then the speed of light, yet is also able to eject that matter at an even higher rate of speed to escape itself

yeah i dont type so well :p, kinda bizarre cause i can hit like 120 wpm but and will be spelled adn everytime, fucking brain workin faster then my retarded hands....damn you jesus

[THE]Perrin said:
The big bang theory I believe kind of goes off of a similar concept, that the universe is shrinking, and that it will reach a point where it's shrunk to the point of infinate mass, and infinate density, at which point it explodes outward.

The Universe isn't contracting, it's expanding. Scientists use the doppler effect on the light spectrum for distant galaxies. Light coming from other galaxies would be either shifted blue or red depending on if it is moving away from us or toward us. Not a single galaxy has ever been found to be blue shifted on the light spectrum, they have all been red, meaning every galaxy ever discovered has been steadily moving away. That is the basis for the theory of the big bang. If they're all moving away from each other, at some point they had to have originated from the same place.

No one knows if the velocity of the galaxies hurling away from each other will be sufficiently slow enough to slow down, stop, and begin collapsing again.

Last edited:
problem i have with this type of 'elite' science is that its all therory. Its an idea built on therory built on nothing built on an idea. Some stuff can be 'proven' using math and physics, but we keep creating new maths and new physics so that it will explain shit. When will the lying stop god damnit....

CaptainZero said:
The Universe isn't contracting, it's expanding. Scientists use the doppler effect on the light spectrum for distant galaxies. Light coming from other galaxies would be either shifted blue or red depending on if it is moving away from us or toward us. Not a single galaxy has ever been found to be blue shifted on the light spectrum, they have all been red, meaning every galaxy ever discovered has been steadily moving away. That is the basis for the theory of the big bang. If they're all moving away from each other, at some point they had to have originated from the same place.

well i am afterall, the center of the universe

i could have told you that

it all revolves around meeeeee

Remember how a theory was prevalent for a long time that eventually the universe would stop expanding and begin contracting until it all collapsed in upon itself?

I could have sworn that here in the last year or so they had finally gotten enough data to shoot down that theory well enough that most abandoned it.

PS - Michio Kaku is another person who is GREAT at explaining advanced physics concepts in a laymen friendly fashion. Even if you aren't into superstring theory his book "Hyperspace" has some awesome analogies and descriptions of the traditional physics that builds up to super string theory (field theory, quantum mechanics, general relativity, etc.)

Fancy Cat said:
well i am afterall, the center of the universe

i could have told you that

it all revolves around meeeeee

if thats true then everything is trying to get away from you as fast as possible.....maybe you shoulda showered before school today Timmay
:roller:

MADness said:
Remember how a theory was prevalent for a long time that eventually the universe would stop expanding and begin contracting until it all collapsed in upon itself?

I could have sworn that here in the last year or so they had finally gotten enough data to shoot down that theory well enough that most abandoned it.

PS - Michio Kaku is another person who is GREAT at explaining advanced physics concepts in a laymen friendly fashion. Even if you aren't into superstring theory his book "Hyperspace" has some awesome analogies and descriptions of the traditional physics that builds up to super string theory (field theory, quantum mechanics, general relativity, etc.)

Yes Kaku is brilliant, i have read every book hes ever made, including his textbooks(NEVER READ THESE). I love m-therory.

Yeah they have done studies and concluded that there is about 1/3 of the matter needed in the universe for it to collapse in on itself. This is what fueled the whole dark matter/anti matter thing.

It all comes down to the more we know the less we know road. We now know the universe is yah big with X amount of matter, but wtf is the rest of the 2/3 of the universe?

Opening a door only leads to more doors

Last edited:
CaptainZero said:

No one knows if the velocity of the galaxies hurling away from each other will be sufficiently slow enough to slow down, stop, and begin collapsing again.

Sorry, I meant that it expands to a point, and than contracts. Not that it's currently contracting..

MADness said:

holy shit one of my best friends wasa student of his

and had his IM name as well. It was MKaku something something

anyhow one night i was fucking around on my buddy's IM list and I IMed him and was like "mmmmmmm kaku" not knowing who i was talking to.

little did i know I was IMing a prominent scholar a semi perverted IM.

haha

fancy it is now your duty to find that AIM name and give it to me....I must speak with this man....man love may be involved

I don't remember that was a few years ago

I could ask my buddy if he still has his IM name

I don't know what a man like that would be doing on IM anyhow. but he never responded to me so....

CaptainZero said:

Isn't the universe not only not slowing down, but expanding exponentially? That's a theory anyway

Back