What's the best TV i could buy for ~$800?

captaninsayno

Veteran X
What's the best TV i could buy for ~$800?

also, is it worth it to get a TV this cheap? my current tv is a 32" Sharp 720p 60hz model so pretty much anything is an upgrade. The only things I know i need are a size of at least 40", 1080p, and 120hz.

i don't know shit about panels or anything like that.

please educate me TW.

:lolwut:

You can probably find a 60" DLP for that price if you want size. Friend of mine got a 65" for like $940 6 months ago or so.

A: i have an opportunity to sell my current TV to a friend for ~$300 and i figure it could allow me to get a nicer, better TV to play my ps3 and watch blurays at 1080p instead of 720p for relatively cheap.

i haven't had cable in over 5 years, I do like to watch movies though
wanted to get back into gaming a bit, so got a TV, Blu Ray, and xbox
I like the whole netflix thing as well.

I just bought a Samsung 40" 120hz last weekend for $599. It's a pretty kick-ass TV. Upgraded my Vizio 32" 720p TV.

Amazon.com: Samsung LN40C630 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV (Black): Electronics

Bought mine at Fry's.

If you go to frys today or tomorrow, they have a "secret" sale that they dont actually advertise on a 42' LG 42LD520 120hz.

$500 + tax, and this tv retails at about 899 with an msrp of 1200.

I bought this tv two weeks ago when it was $550.

Its a damn steal, and you could use the rest of your money for a bluray or something.

They also have a comparable toshiba 40' for the same price.

http://www.nextag.com/lg42ld520/stores-html this is the exact tv selling at frys today and tomorrow for $500.

Last edited:
If you go to frys today or tomorrow, they have a "secret" sale that they dont actually advertise on a 42' LG 42LD520 120hz.

$500 + tax, and this tv retails at about 899 with an msrp of 1200.

I bought this tv two weeks ago when it was $550.

Its a damn steal, and you could use the rest of your money for a bluray or something.

They also have a comparable toshiba 40' for the same price.
:( unfortunately none near Boston

so at this price range is there really not much to worry about other than size? What should i be looking for specs-wise (contrast ratio etc) in this price range?

i bought a display model Sony KDL-46EX701 last sunday on an impulse buy at costco. it was the last one and marked down to $1000. looks beautiful in comparison to my old 32" 720p

P3194779A.jpg

i was gonna wait until around black friday, i'd wait it out if i were u, and if u have more self control than i do

I just bought a Samsung PN50C550 (50" Plasma) for $800 (was on sale + $100 Bing CB + free shipping).

You just have to watch for the deals (I managed to snag this one thanks to Slickdeals).

Back