Whats a good credit card to get?

Fonix

Veteran X
I have good credit, 2 credit cards already that have low APR's, now I'm looking for something with some decent benefits to it, maybe cash back on gas or something... I never carry cash on me and use my credit card to buy everything, so I might as well start getting some cash back on it... was thinking about this one, http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/div...1&ProspectID=58DFBF6C35F2472CA0D1615D91E54FEF
but recently amex and discover have been sending me tons of mail so I don't know what I want to get, just wondering what TW uses.

I deal only with Capital One. Had too many nightmares with Citi and Chase (inclding a Chase employee charging $2000 to an account that I had "cancelled" almost a year before).

I only use one, which is the one I will be replacing with this new card I'm looking to get... the other card I already have is a 'mini' credit card that I don't use and is hidden somewhere for emergencies

How do you get a card to begin with?

I have zero credit. Nothing bad, nothing good. Which means bad. On top of that, I applied for a CC, got turned down and now that refusal is a mark against me. wtf. :huh:

Well the easiest way is to go to your bank (I started with a student card), or get one of those really crappy cards that they advertise on television... What I did was signed up for it with my bank... and I just pay off my bill almost weekly, with my accounts being linked to my bank it makes it take a whole 2 mins to pay my bills... Just make 'any' purchase on it atleast once a month, pay it off in time... do that for about 6 mos and the spam mail will start rolling in. Took me about 8 mos to go from no credit to a platnium with 30k limit

nspectre said:

I have zero credit. Nothing bad, nothing good. Which means bad. On top of that, I applied for a CC, got turned down and now that refusal is a mark against me. wtf. :huh:

best way to get your first credit card is as either:

a) A student, as banks love to give cards to University students.

b) Look into getting a secured credit card. Basically you invest say 1000$ in a GIC for 3 years or so, and you get a credit card with 1000$ limit. You gain intrest on the 1000$ you have invested and also improve your credit rating by using your card.

Just make sure to pay off your card every single month.

Did you walk in a just try to apply for a platnium card or did you go in and ask someone working there to get you a credit card thats for people with no credit?

nspectre said:

I don't know much about this credit card business but why don't you just get a debit card?

Baby Bew said:
I don't know much about this credit card business but why don't you just get a debit card?
Debit is NOT a credit card in any way... and will not build your credit in any way, its basically just a check card.

Zombee said:
I deal only with Capital One. Had too many nightmares with Citi and Chase (inclding a Chase employee charging $2000 to an account that I had "cancelled" almost a year before).

Unban me from Teamwarfare, thank you. No one disses the patriots.

Yeah I got refused my first time with the bank online application, I had to walk in to get an application for a student card...

So... anyone else here know a good credit card to get?

Back