What Joystick should I buy?

Nomad said:
hope you have something worked out for rudders and throttle.
I have their (CH Products) throttle, but only the non-USB version. When I need a throttle again, I will get the USB version. Their stuff lasts pretty much forever. :)

Philipsz said:
I have their (CH Products) throttle, but only the non-USB version. When I need a throttle again, I will get the USB version. Their stuff lasts pretty much forever. :)

This man speaks the truth. I have the usb throttle... it's been my "keyboard" for years. throttle and mouse ... with voices programmed onto their f16 combat stick. CHProducts software is also very good; With the touch of a button I can play a huge macro.

RuX said:
i've once had a saitek joystick and after a few days of x-wing alliance the trigger broke. it was very unstable due to these stylish holes within the trigger. i returned it and after some days same shit again. i also bought a saitek gamepad with the joystick and that piece of shit stoped working after ~ a month. i changed the saitek joystick for a microsoft sidewinder but i was to annoyed to return the gamepad ^^

e: the sidewinder is still working and in perfect shape :)
That's funny. I've had this Saitek Cyborg Gold USB (The exact model that I showed on pg#1) since around 1998...and I'm a flight-sim whore like no other who really likes flying teh helicopterz.

If I recall correctly, the Cyborg trigger often broke for one particular group of people. Y'see, that joystick is one of the best customizable ergonomic grips available for PC joysticks--you can even convert the stick for a lefty (of which I am). There's a little detachable hex-wrench key that sits up at the front of the stick base. This key is used to make adjustments on various points along the stick.

Sometimes when the top of the joystick is not secured (meaning tightened down) properly the whole hat area would wobble around. Hence, the trigger would be pulled while oriented at varying angles to the finger. Those people who didn't tighten the hat area down would almost always wind up with a broken trigger. And the most important, fundamental, crucially decisive factor to this problem was:

Spoiler

he just wants to play through freespace2 again. he isn't a flight sim dork.

people here sometimes make the worst recommendations.
"buy the most expensive one available, that's the ticket."

Back