What is some good techno/trance/whatever that you listen to?

Anything by DJ Doboy, he's got shitload of mixes, it's my default response to this recurring thread. Why not simply head over to di.fm listen for a few hours you'd find your niche?

I loathe techno but I fly on trance. I listen to it at work it works better than coffee on my sleepy self. It's no art that's for sure and I don't listen just about anything ever mixed. I never wore any shiny outfit nor waved a glowstick nor been to a club I just care about what kind of effect certain music has on me, that's all.
For this very reason I am annoyed by country music mostly due to lyrics: "I got up at 6 am, sat in mah Abrams tank and took mah son to church, sang a praise or two." It just annoys me, but then again, if somebody else enjoys it I don't feel the need to flame him/her about his/her choices in a TW thread.

kesh! said:
uhm, unless your knowledge of electronica is limited to that homestarrunner flash, you wouldn't make stupid claims.

but, knowing you, its probably not limited to, but prohibited by your stupidity.

damn, when I get old as you, i'd hate it if i got wrecked by a 19 year old.
its ok stonerboy..you'll wake up one day, get some water in you and realize that yes, the music you have been listening to truly is the musical form of homosexuality.

hardluck said:
As far as juno reactor goes...pistoleros is the best song evar :)

Good one ... God is god is my fav.

EDIT: DJ Doboy is fucking amazing. I love cheesy trance tracks. Don't know why, but I do.

I HIGHLY suggest Project C. He's a good mix between vocal trance stuff and the stuff that Doboy plays. One to search for in particular is Broken Progression.

If I'm offered a place to up them, I could throw them up on an FTP. But there's a website out there that offers torrent files of most of the popular Project C mixes. (As well as his buddy dj GT .. who is quite good as well.)
www.generationtrance.com is the site.

PM me on IRC if you want some more tracks. I'm not on my home PC at the moment ... but I have a ton of good tracks.

Last edited:
If you want anything come to #trance

James Holden
Armin van Buuren
Ozgur Can
Ferry COrsten
Gabriel & Dresden
Markus Schulz
M.I.K.E
Patter
Marco V
THe THrillseekers
Stian Klo
Avus
Sander Kleinenberg
Steve Lawler
Solar Stone
Paul van Dyk
Above & Beyond
Max Graham
Luke Chable
Ronski SPeed
Airwave
Rank 1
Starkid
Menno de Jong
Fictivision
Phynn
Pilo and Peri
Boris MD (aka Departure)
Matthew Dekay
Tall Paul
John '00' Fleming
Kayu vs Albert
Smith and Pledger
Elevation
Adam White
Andy Moor
Perry O'Neil
Fred Baker
Probspot
Deep Dish

Does anyone got a bootleg remix of luvstruck done by africa bambaataa ?
I've been searching it since ever and it's so rare. Damn dj at the local club keeps playing it and it's so good :(

So here's a question. What makes techno so special to you?

Is it the deep meaningful message of the music?

They way the music comes from the heart of the musician?

The longevity of the music?

How the music speaks across the sea of time directly to your soul?

JuggerNaught said:
So here's a question. What makes techno so special to you?

Is it the deep meaningful message of the music?

They way the music comes from the heart of the musician?

The longevity of the music?

How the music speaks across the sea of time directly to your soul?
Do you honestly sit and listen to a song and think about it's deep message?

People listen to songs because they like them. Don't tell me if you're listening to the radio and a song you like comes up your mood doesn't change (for the better).

People have different tastes in music. Deal with it.

Hedge said:
Do you honestly sit and listen to a song and think about it's deep message?

People listen to songs because they like them. Don't tell me if you're listening to the radio and a song you like comes up your mood doesn't change (for the better).

People have different tastes in music. Deal with it.

this is true. its not your fault you like your turds deep fried.

EEK n IKE said:
This is a well rounded list right here ^

This is also a very good list, <3 Chicane. Try their other albums also.

edit: And saying nobody in the world listen's to electronic music is a stupid comment. It's very popular all around the world, except not so much in the U.S.

Offshore '97 - Chicane is an amazing track!

Way Out West - Mindcircus is pretty good too

William Orbit - Strange Cargo for something chilled

Mike Oldfield too

Techno Top 100 Volume 6
DJ X - Planet X CD2 (Can't find Torrent)

I have roughly 30-40Gb of Techno / Trance / Hardcore / Hardtrance / Darktrance and a little bit of House. I would give out the link to my best Trance resource, but im scared TW will rape it and kill its bandwidth. ;)

I suppose I listen to fairly mainstream stuff, but I don't like most singers or artists because of the singing. I want music, I don't want your useless ass voice screaming over a nice guitar riff.

Also, Juggs, each to their fucking own, I bet you have interests or hobbies that I don't enjoy, and I don't comment on them, so stfu and leave us be.

Evil Light Bulb said:
electronico in general (incl trip hop etc etc)

Aphex Twin
Massive Attack
Juno Reactor
Warp Brothers
Infected Mushroom
BT

Alright, I was able to find all but Warp Brothers. KillerAngel, do you have any Warp Bros. in your collection?

Here is an awesome mix by Armin van Buuren. Heard it on di.fm on thursday and had to go and buy the whole double cd collection yesterday. Super stuff, all the best tracks of 2005.

Back