what is a good program like...?

SoulSeek is okay.. but the wait times are very long (most of the time) and thus its not good for those "on the fly" CD compiling.

I am considering paying for Napster to get some decent quality whenever I want.. anyone have any input?

the (was TWDC) hub has about 400GB of unique music and i don't ever have much of a problem getting an album in < an hour asuming the person has a slot.

But i mainly use soulseek when i really need to get something obscure or something common really fast.

Archimedes said:
SoulSeek is okay.. but the wait times are very long (most of the time) and thus its not good for those "on the fly" CD compiling.

I am considering paying for Napster to get some decent quality whenever I want.. anyone have any input?

Rhapody is the best thing since sliced bread. Thousands of albums in a very nice, organized interface. Add a song to the playlist, and it loads the song into a cache and you can listen to it in 192 quality. Download Rhapsody to any computer, and login from your username. If you're in front of your computer a lot, Rhapsody is amazing. If you want to get those high quality songs to put on your ipod, you get a program called, Replay Music. Rip it, and that's that.

i use limewire or ares typically.

school's firewall wont let me use those, so i just download torrents off isohunt.com (or other random sites) for now.

in2thehurricane said:
Rhapody is the best thing since sliced bread. Thousands of albums in a very nice, organized interface. Add a song to the playlist, and it loads the song into a cache and you can listen to it in 192 quality. Download Rhapsody to any computer, and login from your username. If you're in front of your computer a lot, Rhapsody is amazing. If you want to get those high quality songs to put on your ipod, you get a program called, Replay Music. Rip it, and that's that.

I'm doing the exact same thing with Napster right now.. It's okay, has about 95% of what I'm looking for available. I think Rhapsody gets better reviews though, but I never tried it out.

Back