What happened to awarding kills for most damage done?

SterIO

Veteran XX
I don't think it works this way but I remember hearing it was going to, which would be sweet.

Awards for most damage done to flag carriers, most successful grabs, most cap assists, etc would be nice too. That is, more awards geared towards recognizing gameplay that helps your team win. Highest sustained speed, headshots, mas, and most frags are pretty worthless.

I can see giving them props at end of map for "breaker of most stuff" but not points. This will usually be a HO player and he should already have lots of points for his kills no need to over reward the HO.

SterIO said:
Awards for most damage done to flag carriers, most successful grabs, most cap assists, etc would be nice too. That is, more awards geared towards recognizing gameplay that helps your team win. Highest sustained speed, headshots, mas, and most frags are pretty worthless.

This kind of stats tracking would ofcourse be sweet, but it will most likely not be in release if ever.

Then people might just snipe a carrier once and let him go, because if somebody else kills them, they still get the points!

most BBs with a buckler; fastest cap; most spectacular crater (altitude and dmamge done. MAKE THE CELING HIGHER!!!); quickest cap; highest rover jump (daredevil system kicked ass in UT2004); biggest mass-kill. any good ones?

Calder said:
Then people might just snipe a carrier once and let him go, because if somebody else kills them, they still get the points!

they'd still get the points if someone else killed them. thats the point

and f'n signed. tribes NEEDS this system more than any other game. plz make it a patch :/

KineticPoet said:
There are stats we wanted to add that won't likely make it into the box, unfortunately,
KP

Hey KP is there any plan for any balance or performance patches after release?? At least one or two maybe? Would like to see more stat tracking stats, and a mortar sound that puts fear in the enemy, maybe they could be added down the road??

Just wonderin'...

SterIO said:
I don't think it works this way but I remember hearing it was going to, which would be sweet.

You won't see any of that in the game because they don't entice Quake, CS, and Unreal players.

Stats are stats, it has nothing to do with the other games. Stats are cool, the more the better!!

Alright scripters, Stat scripts please....

The list of "features" that have been "featured" on various forums and sites that will actually be in release seems to be getting smaller by the day..... :(

Back