What Fantasy/Sci-Fi book/books would you like as a series/movie/s

Maniac2099

Veteran X
sorry for so many slashes

fantasy: the night angle trilogy, multiple movies

sci-fi:the faded sun trilogy, series

I read Ready Player One.

I thought it was a fun little book. I really enjoyed it.

I know they are already making a movie about it, but if they made it like the book with all those pop culture references and cameos it will be a licencing nightmare.

As long as Max Headroom makes an appearance though, I'm good.

Ready Player One was the Family Guy of sci-fi, that shit was horrible. All reference, no substance. Armada was even worse. Fuck that guy.

Game of Thrones

Magician, Krondor etc

The Hobbit - but actually done properly

The Joe Abercrombie First Law series

Snowcrash was god awful and I can't understand why it's popular.

Top fantasy/sci-fi for me has been Game of Thrones and Eisenhorn.

All that said, Heavy Metal Magazine has a lot of vivid fantasy/sci-fi with it's artwork. Not really books, but still worth a mention. I almost have all of the 1980's of the magazine.

A lot of the wh40k stuff would be cool but you have to get a director that understands how dark the universe is or it will come across as cheesy. Thinking Gaunt's Ghosts mainly.

I never saw Dresden Files TV shows but I like the books a lot. My fear there is they would turn into Buffy if TV took another shot at it.

The Horus Heresy.

Definitely would take a couple of movies or several seasons to play out. I cant see it going to TV though.

O yeah, the Drop Site Massacre, the surprise assault on Calth, and the Battle for Terra would make epic battle scenes.

Back