We were ahead of our time when it came to out of the box thinking

Of all things to rip Sev for you choose the one that divided families.. set brother against brother.. wars were fought over this.. :lol:

hero-image.fill.size_994x559.v1678673289.jpg

Those things act like a helicopter
We're talking about things that need a running start

I'm pretty much at the point of understanding what the wheels are doing as they're applying pressure to the ground isn't really relevant I would still like to understand what they are doing as the plane is being pushed down the belt runway...

I don't want an explanation or the vids yet...
But I am remembering why I hate puzzles.
I like narratives and getting ahead of them but I hate puzzles just for their own sake.

I would still like to understand what they are doing as the plane is being pushed down the belt runway...

Waiting for enough thrust and lift to achieve lift off.. a running start is easier but liftoff is achievable from a stationary position because it it about moving air.. not the ground... god I hope I expressed that right

Are you telling me the plane is lifting off from a stationary position but somehow there's air going over the wings? Because that's not what I was beginning to come up with.

I don't believe it's just pure thrust from Jets or props that that would allow it to take off from a stationary position.. I can step on the rudder brakes in a Cessna 150 and give it full throttle and that thing isn't moving .
if I let off the brakes it will start to slowly roll....

How does an airplane propel itself once it is off the ground? The same way it does on the ground
No,
once it's off the ground it has achieved enough AirSpeed to keep it flying/climbing. You go below the airplanes stall speed and you're going down but fortunately you have wings that will allow you to Glide but going down regardless.

Why do jets and airplanes need a runway to achieve,,,
Wait for it wait for it
Airspeed
If you're telling me that planes and jets just need to have full power with their brakes locked and once they release their break they launch into the air then that's not right. Somehow it's moving forward on this belt getting up to AirSpeed and then lifting off....

Back