Wasted Time at Inventory Stations

SCORPION777

Veteran X
Too much time is being wasted at the INV stations. Can TV be made to allow you to select your preset loadouts before going to INV Station, as in T2 ? So all you have to do is walk over it instaed of selecting the Keys on the Pad.

I don't think it's an issue at all, and if someone feels it is, i'm sure they'll make a script so that you can get your .25 seconds back.

Exactly how much time are you wasting at inv stations? It takes me about .5 seconds to shift+whatever to select the loadout I want. I love the way loadout presets work in T:V.

what is the point of having to hit any buttons at the inv...i would much rather set my loadout beforehand and just walk on the inv to get my stuff...like t1 fastfaves

[IGA]Russ said:
Click on profiles Tab, click the rather large EDIT LOUDOUTS button right next to where you put your name, thanks...
Ooo... I missed this when I created my profile!

Something new every day, and I just used up my quota ;)

This isn't going to change. I understand why some people may like the old system more, but I also don't think the difference in convenience is worth a change, and the ability to see exactly what you're doing every time, as well as make a positive declaration that "yes, I want to change my load out now" cancels out any benefit the old system may have had over the new system.

Thrax Panda said:
This isn't going to change. I understand why some people may like the old system more, but I also don't think the difference in convenience is worth a change, and the ability to see exactly what you're doing every time, as well as make a positive declaration that "yes, I want to change my load out now" cancels out any benefit the old system may have had over the new system.

you know im a pretty damn big critic of the game and this system scared the shazbot out of me until i tried it.

not a problem, shift works just fine.

its the HO sucking im worried about :eek:

OMG! You mean I have to do something different to get my loadouts.

:rolleyes:

It isn't that hard. I think it's as fast or faster then the other Tribes games.

Personally, the only thing I want changed is a way to acquire a different pack or weapon without having it saved. That way if i know I need to access a base with a Shield pack, but my HO setup has a E pack, I can easily change it once and not worry about it next time I get my HO loadout.

In short, change the "Save and Exit" to two different buttons: "Save and Exit" and "Accept Changes."

That and its an Armory, not Armoury.

AutoMiss said:
how is it faster to have to hit 2 buttons rather than 0....
The T2 invo sucked you on to the pad, and you had to sit on it until the animation was done.

In T:V you can just run across, and hit shift-(key) to grab your loadout without stopping.

im not talking about t2

im talking about t1 fastfaves type invo, where you hit a key to select your desired loudout, and just walk onto the inv to get your stuff

The simple fact you're not STUCK to the station for a full second. It's bang, zip, zoom... in some cases you can actually reequip on the fly, no stopping required.

Back