Wash Post: Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term

Ordos said:
IF is the key word. It sounds like its a threat that IF Bush is elected, I will step down.

Well if Bush isn't re-elected he doesn't have much of a fucking choice does he?

paranoid?

how else would you say it? obviously he wouldn't serve if bush doesn't win his first election.

Who's to say a Republican wins other then Bush. Not Fing likely, but the point still stands.

Besides, it isn't worth arguing over, it's what it sounded like to me. If not to you, then meh.

Raven64 said:
What is misleading about the title? Go over it word for word.

"Wash Post: Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term"

How is that misleading? Don't be an idiot.

It's biased because it points out that "IF BUSH WINS" then "POWELL WILL NOT SERVE" .

A non-baised title would be "Powell will not serve another term of Secretary of State"

eggo !X! said:
A non-baised title would be "Powell will not serve another term of Secretary General"

you damn liberal, that makes it sound like Bush is guaranteed to lose, therefore powell can't serve another term.

Ordos said:
Read the Headline,

IF is the key word. It sounds like its a threat that IF Bush is elected, I will step down.

:lol:

The statement is true!!! Holy shit guys. The thread title isn't misleading at all. You just think that it is because of current events.

If you worded it, Powell to step down at end of current term as Secretary of State, it would sound a lot less like it has something to do with Bush.

Try to read a little closer. I said in the first post that the link was fresh off of drudge. I didn't expect you to go to that site, but just for clarification, I said three minuites before you posted that the title of the thread came from drudge. I didn't word it.

Just proving a point.

In journalism you learn thsi kinda shit. Didn't you learn how to write non-baised media in HS?

Raven64 said:
What is misleading about the title? Go over it word for word.

"Wash Post: Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term"

How is that misleading? Don't be an idiot.

Actually its quite misleading.

I read the title and thought, oh Powell doesnt like Bush. Everyone comes to different conclusions, like ink blots.

eggo !X! said:
Just proving a point.

In journalism you learn thsi kinda shit. Didn't you learn how to write non-baised media in HS?

The title isn't biased.

I'm just guessing here, but this is how I think this thread played out in some people's minds.

Bush Lover: What? Collin to resign? I guess the Iraq war controversy was just too much.

Bush Lover: ::clicks link:: ::read read read:: Hey! It says he's resigning because of his family! That damn liberal lied to me! I see through his clever guise, and will expose him!

I'm probobly wrong, but Bad CRC might get a laugh out of this.

Bad_CRC said:
you damn liberal, that makes it sound like Bush is guaranteed to lose, therefore powell can't serve another term.
sarcasm right?

Raven64 said:
eggo you're a stupid member.
Ok, that fucking hurts, ima go cry now :(

Way to fucking worry about a god damn sentence, who gives a shit

eggo !X! said:
Way to fucking worry about a god damn sentence, who gives a shit

eggo !X! said:
It's biased because it points out that "IF BUSH WINS" then "POWELL WILL NOT SERVE" .

A non-baised title would be "Powell will not serve another term of Secretary of State"

That should answer your question.

scy7he said:
The title isn't biased.

I'm just guessing here, but this is how I think this thread played out in some people's minds.

Bush Lover: What? Collin to resign? I guess the Iraq war controversy was just too much.

Bush Lover: ::clicks link:: ::read read read:: Hey! It says he's resigning because of his family! That damn liberal lied to me!

I'm probobly wrong, but Bad CRC might get a laugh out of this.

It might not be biased but it definetly hints at something to do with Bush.

cmon now scy7he ;)

The second quote was posted before the first quote. :heart: im over it

bibi thread

WarBuddha said:
It might not be biased but it definetly hints at something to do with Bush.

It isn't biased. It does have something to do with bush, as if he gets re elected, powell wont be working for him anymore.

scy7he said:
It isn't biased. It does have something to do with bush, as if he gets re elected, powell wont be working for him anymore.

His decision has nothing to do with Bush, hence Bush's name shouldnt be in the Headline. Everyone knows that Powell is Bush's Secretary, no need for Bush's name.

Back