Warlock Advice for new 70.

ferret

Veteran XX
So my brother after 6 months is finally going to hit 70 on his lock. He's 'that' player everyone talks about but no one really knows. He seems to die more often than he should on a lock, and even though he spec'ed Demonology he just spams immolate and shadow bolt and nothing else. I had to tell him what deathcoil was, as he never used it.

I'm not really knocking him, he enjoys the game as much as the rest of us, he just wants to play and could care less about gear, rotations, and specs.

So every once in awhile I will log into his account to check on it. One day I noticed he had all healing gear (he confused it with stam), including a Druid staff (Braxxis). Ironically, the same time someone in Stormwind did an /inspect on me, and I got a few comments and lol's. So anyway I dropped about 150g on gear with spell hit/crit and stam, so he's good til 70.

However, the main reason I came is advice on:

- What is the simplest, most effective tree to use (he's just not getting the concept of dot's) for a lock in BG's and rep grinding?

- What is the best rotation to use, and are there ez mode macro's to help out?

- He's got zero rep, so is there any gear out there that is either easy to get in the AH or craftable?

Any advice would help, trust me, this will not push him to 2200 so don't worry about giving away 'secrets'.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me? lol

If he refuses to learn the class, and just likes to easymode it, just go destro and spam shadowbolts. Without hit gear, it sucks, but it'll be more effective than doing nothing.

I can't imagine him using any other trees if he refuses to learn to DoT.

Sounds like your brother has downs, must have made growing up hard on the both of you. It's good your spending time on WoW together though to show him you care. When is the special olympics rolling around again?

Have an e-friend like that, we babysat her to lvl 50 or so before it was pretty obvious she wasn't quite getting how the game works. It also didn't help she only liked to play with people she knew and didn't want to solo. That was especially painful when she didn't perform any of her group functions when we did.

Have an e-friend like that, we babysat her to lvl 50 or so before it was pretty obvious she wasn't quite getting how the game works. It also didn't help she only liked to play with people she knew and didn't want to solo. That was especially painful when she didn't perform any of her group functions when we did.

Pretty much how my brother is, I help him with the group quests, but he doesn't play to interact with people.

I dread the day he ends up in an instance with 4 elitist strangers and has to cc.

Yeah my friend is a opposite, she plays more in a social sense. To play with other people. We did all we could to teach her but she either can't or doesn't want to learn. She runs off to mineral veins oblivious to mobs around it, and she can't even solo mobs 6 levels lower than her.

Sounds like your brother has downs, must have made growing up hard on the both of you. It's good your spending time on WoW together though to show him you care. When is the special olympics rolling around again?

This, and it's 2 weeks after the real one.

Simple? If he isnt raiding? Which from the sounds of it he will never be... Spec 21/40 Destruction. Sac succubus and spam shadowbolts till you need to tap, rinse repeat. Quite possibly the most boring spec in wow.

Simple? If he isnt raiding? Which from the sounds of it he will never be... Spec 21/40 Destruction. Sac succubus and spam shadowbolts till you need to tap, rinse repeat. Quite possibly the most boring spec in wow.

pfft
Todd liked it.

Though, he only cares about seeing the purple WWS bar being up top.

respec him to affliction and just set up a /castsequence macro for Unstable Affliction - Curse of Agony - Corruption - Siphon Life - Life Tap - Life Drain.

Then all he has to do is hit "1" over and over again.

respec him to affliction and just set up a /castsequence macro for Unstable Affliction - Curse of Agony - Corruption - Siphon Life - Life Tap - Life Drain.

Then all he has to do is hit "1" over and over again.

Can I assigned the left half of the keyboard to that macro?

Oh, and he doesn't have downs, he smokes too much weed.

pfft
Todd liked it.

Though, he only cares about seeing the purple WWS bar being up top.
i only "liked" it cuz it was the most appropriate spec for what i was doing in the game. as a lock, i did what i was supposed to do, thats all i cared about.

i disliked it cuz i was completely crippled in PvP, so much so that I stopped PvP'ing all together. i also disliked it cuz of the monotony playing the spec... just casting shadow bolt/lifetap/trinket over and over, though that sounds like it'd be a good thing for ferrets friend.

Just have him spec SL/SL and then:

Siphon Life, Corruption, CoA, Drainlife, Drainlife, Drainlife

Avoid destro or affliction imo, SL/SL is like having training wheels that never need to come off, extremely easy to do and will get you to top PVP/Arena competition. Also, SL/SL makes farming mobs foolproof, you really cant die.

Back