Want to use iPhone to transmit music to amp/speakers. Can I?

Legend

Veteran XX
I use my iPhone plugged into my amp/speakers all the time through a simple audio RCA cable, but this means I have to get up all the time to choose albums, etc. Alternatively I have the wire going across my living room to my hand.

It'd be much easier if there were some device which simply receives the audio signal from the iPhone and feeds that to the amp/speakers through the RCA cable, or something like that. So then I can leave the iPhone on the coffee table and use it as the remote while it plays away.

Does this kind of thing exist? I've found plenty of remotes for the iPhone, but nothing that turns the iPhone itself into such a streamer.

:sunny:

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Thanks everyone. AirPlay seems like a quality solution. :sunny:

there are bluetooth receivers for stereos for like $20

i dunno why you would spend more than that

Automation and ease of use.

Airplay allows you to use your iphone/ipod/ipad as a link between your stereo and itunes. Instead of using media that's stored on your iphone it reads the media from your itunes library (wherever it is stored) and allows you to control/stream the content to devices that are connected via airplay. And it's all done from the regular ipod interface.

Airport Express. Fuck yeah. I use the shit religiously to play music around the house remotely.

Automation and ease of use.

Airplay allows you to use your iphone/ipod/ipad as a link between your stereo and itunes. Instead of using media that's stored on your iphone it reads the media from your itunes library (wherever it is stored) and allows you to control/stream the content to devices that are connected via airplay. And it's all done from the regular ipod interface.

im jewish so i would still use a free ampache server and a bluetooth receiver for $20

Say I have a centralized music library somewhere in my house, and then I have a set of speakers in my living room, a set outside in the backyard, and maybe some music in the basement.

If I wanna control it all from my iPhone I just plop an Airport Express at each end point, that shit connects to iTunes and I can play anything anywhere in the house, on any device, or even multiple rooms at once.. and its all controlled from the Remote app.

What would the Android solution be? (not implying it doesn't exist, I just have no idea what you'd do to pull it off and how well integrated it would be)

Back