Voice Chat: Missing some?

BloodyShark

Veteran XX
I'm just curious, but are the voice commands that are in this open beta final with no more will be added? I'm just asking because it sometimes feels like some old commands are missing/wrong. Like, I couldn't find "Get the enemy flag" and the "I'm defending the flag" will state "With heavy armor." But I'm in a light/medium. :(

There's a bunch of quickchats that aren't actually in the menu. You can edit the quickchat.ini file yourself, but BE WARNED, it's pretty tricky :)

IrritAnt said:
There's a bunch of quickchats that aren't actually in the menu. You can edit the quickchat.ini file yourself, but BE WARNED, it's pretty tricky :)

Are they going to be added to the quickchat.ini file for retail?

yeah i completely agree. i hope alot more are added, seeing as how there are so many missing that should be in there. i thought iga would learn from the last games and keep what was good and add what was missing. although it aint a big deal, it would be nice to have a good 40 more vchat sayings

Can't we just kidnap some voice actors, get them each to do several hundred phrases, and then cut it down instead of building up?

Hint: check out QuickChatMenuAdvanced.ini in the same folder as your QuickChatMenu.ini. It's got alot more binds, yes including "I'm in heavy armour on our flag" and "Take the flag from me".

Does it have "I have the enemy flag"

I know of "I'll capture their flag" but it'd be nice to be able to say "I have the flag" when I'm calling for help, so my teammates know WHY they should be coming to help me.

Undisciplined said:
Hint: check out QuickChatMenuAdvanced.ini in the same folder as your QuickChatMenu.ini. It's got alot more binds, yes including "I'm in heavy armour on our flag" and "Take the flag from me".

That is a great tip, but I wonder why some of those weren't included? It seems odd that we need to hack things in order to be able to let our team know that the flag is about to hit the ground.

IrritAnt said:

On a quirkier note.....why'd you have to make it so complicated? Remember the good ole easy way to config the tribes chat config..yea...i do....they rocked. You should use that way. :p

Back