Vietnam in HD

EspoMan

Veteran XV
Just finished watching this for the second time in a year. Very good documentary. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes war documentaries.

MINUTE MAN OATH KEEPERS KEEPING OUR BORDERS SAFE FROM THE EVIL IMMAGRANTS I SHOOT TO KILL THEY CAN TAKE MY FREEDOM AND GUN FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

The battle of IA Drang was portrayed in the movie We Were Soldiers... with Mel Gibson (with some license).

Last edited:
No mention that the Gulf of Tonkin incident actually never happened and therefor the reason to attack NV was yet another lie.
So, this shit is just more obvious propaganda.

Apart from certain minor historical inaccuracies, its a good docu.

No mention that the Gulf of Tonkin incident actually never happened and therefor the reason to attack NV was yet another lie.
So, this shit is just more obvious propaganda.

Apart from certain minor historical inaccuracies, its a good docu.

actually it did happen, but was orchestrated by our own forces as a means to gain support for a ground invasion. this has been all but acknowledged by our own govt. so while its inaccurate, i wouldnt call it propagandist, per say, but its equally bad to amend one inaccuracy with another.

North vietnamese torpedoboats attacking US ships, which is commonly refered to as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident", never happened.

yes and no
the attack happened, but its largely accepted that the ships were either american, manned by americans, or orchestrated by american intelligence in order to drum up war support.
considering the supposed captains of the 3 boats were all like brothers or something, the main theory is that they were bought.

but regardless, the maddox was hit by a torpedo when it should not have been.

Back