[Video] Dragon Skin Body Armor

Great White

Veteran X
This vest apparently costs only $300 more than the regular plate armor that cops and soldiers wear, ($2100 a piece compared with $1800) and is waaaay more effective.

I'm not positive if the video will link from cnn.com, but it's about half way down the headlines on the front page. www.cnn.com It plays in windows media.

Here's the headline to look for - Watch: 'Dragon skin' armor a potential life-saver

javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2006/01/28/sexton.dragon.skin.affl','2006/02/04');

Paste that into your browser... should work then.

Last edited:
Some other guy has some armor out there that can withstand a stick of dynamite exploding.

Dunno what happened to that though. Video was posted here about a year, year and a half ago.

Dark Volcanic said:
Some other guy has some armor out there that can withstand a stick of dynamite exploding.

Dunno what happened to that though. Video was posted here about a year, year and a half ago.
Yeah I remember that. They strapped the armor to a cardoor and planted explosives on it that was equivalent to an RPG. The cardoor survived.

This "dragon skin" armor looks pretty cool. If it's effective enough I hope it makes its way to our guys out there.

Stopping 9mm from an MP5 isn't all that impressive, but 30 rounds from an AK-47 at that close range is fucking awesome.

police wear kevlar armor, not plate

and this needs to get into mass production to get the costs down

K I didn't watch that but I watched another video about some 17 year old kid who chooses to be a virgin until he is married. How the FUCK is that news? I don't really care if he decides to do that or whatever, I certainly could never have done that, that doesn't really make sense to me but whatever. But why the fuck would you do a report on it? God damn I hate the news.

Daedalus6 said:
K I didn't watch that but I watched another video about some 17 year old kid who chooses to be a virgin until he is married. How the FUCK is that news? I don't really care if he decides to do that or whatever, I certainly could never have done that, that doesn't really make sense to me but whatever. But why the fuck would you do a report on it? God damn I hate the news.
This is why I refuse to watch TV or news stations at all. Way too much shit clogging up things these days.

Reverend Zero said:
Yeah I remember that. They strapped the armor to a cardoor and planted explosives on it that was equivalent to an RPG. The cardoor survived.

"Little does he realise, I have on my disintegration-proof vest!"

Reverend Zero said:
so apparently we'll have a bunch of perfectly intact torsos on the ground with no heads or legs

Back