Video Card TV out question

CaptainZero

Veteran X
I'm trying to connect my PC to my televison

14-150-195-02.jpg

what type of connector is the TV out? Standard S-Video male connector only has 4 pins. I didn't see anything down at my local Radio Shack that would fit.

that looks like S-Video to me :shrug: some video cards have a unique adapter cord that goes into the TV Out plug of the card and has S Video and composite plugs on the other end as well..

What card is that?

On my radeon 9500 I have an adapter that turns that tv-out into a composite out.

edit: this thing
2538012.jpg

that looks like S-Video to me :shrug: some video cards have a unique adapter cord that goes into the TV Out plug of the card and has S Video and composite plugs on the other end as well..

What card is that?

that's not the actual image of my card. But it has the same ports. My card is a Geforce 6600GT

I'm sure it came with the unique cord that you're talking about, but I can't seem to find it. Was wondering where I could find a replacement.

you need a breakout cable (as described).

or, if your tv accepts component, you can get vga->component and use powerstrip to output in component.

if it accepts dvi/hdmi, you can use that, too.

You need something like this that should have come with your video card. (thing on the right)

ATI also uses something like them, they're called VIVO adapters or something now.

there are 7 pin and 4 pin s-video. Your card typically would come with an adapter. From 7 to 4.

Maybe try a comp shop.

If your tv has dvi or hdmi or even vga use that.

If its a 6600gt, its probally vivo, and you would need the adapter shown.

There should be a little adapter with it. If your card is VIVO, then your adapter will have in and out on it, otherwise you'll just have an S-Video and RCA out.

Try your local PC shops, or Ebay. If that doesn't work out send me a PM - I used to have a box of those adapters from a few years ago when I did desktop installs. I think I still have them, but would have to search since I've moved since then.

If I still have them I could drop one in the mail to you or something.

As it's been said, my video card came with a cable that turned that split that port into an S-Video in, out and RCA in, out.

Back