Video Card & CPU match?

Cold Pizza

Veteran XV
...No one wants their machine to have a bottle-neck, right?

I'm trying to figure out what video card would be best for an Athlon 1.2 with 512megs of DDR memory.

Which Radeon would be best, so that neither the video card nor the CPU acts as a bottleneck? My guess would be a Radeon 9500. Anyone have an idea?

if u got the right 9500 u can oc it to a 9800 anyway or something.

but i'd guess more like 9600 pro.

not like it matters, better vid card is better period.

I figure, if I spent $400 for a Radeon 9800Pro, I'd be wasting $150, since I would probably get the exact same performance from a 9600Pro.

...in the end... I guess what it comes down to, is that I'm cheap and I wanna' get the most for my money. You'd figure someone would write an article about this type of thing. Anyone have any such link?

Cold Pizza said:
I figure, if I spent $400 for a Radeon 9800Pro, I'd be wasting $150, since I would probably get the exact same performance from a 9600Pro.

...in the end... I guess what it comes down to, is that I'm cheap and I wanna' get the most for my money. You'd figure someone would write an article about this type of thing. Anyone have any such link?

look at best vid card for under $150 from today. they have a graph showing performance for $. the 9600 pro came out on top. it should be decent for awhile, at least longer than your proc will last.

Back