[VID] I think a lot of 1st world militaries won't really have a good way to fight drones

that emitter attached to the blank adapter has shitty range. Same with the drone buster, but its better than the tiny thing

DE is the most economical approach for cost per kill, but its expensive up front. Whether HPM or laser, they have decent range and plenty of power for the small ones. Downside to laser is dwell time - it has to burn a drone, shift to the next, burn that one, etc.

Our Coyote is very effective, but not a great cost exchange for the small cheap drones. The M813 30mm cannon with PABM is a very good solution to the small drones.

But in the end...its all about finding them. You need a really good radar, with a good update rate and low susceptibility to clutter. But now you are emitting...and shit can find you when you are emitting.

The FPV drones are neat, but the one hovering above you at 200 feet spotting for arty is the one you should worry about.

Keep in mind that Ukraine has been going on for a while now, drones appeared seemingly after a month or two after the invasion as a regular thing on the battlefield. I've never seen or heard of a single instance of a man being able to stop one. I hear about all the anti-drone tech, but there's not an instance of working in a war. I can't post the videos, but if you watch one you the viewer, the drone pilot recording, and the soldier running all know it's hopeless. Nothing you can do. This changes war more than the jet.

Good video. Talks about stopping drones.
That Lattice system they talk about to detect drones was originally invented for illegals. Its neat to see how they could adapt it for drones so quickly.

YouTube gun people should make drone defense videos where they test things. It would be fun.

u don't need to kill the drone u need to kill the pilot

we're not a 3rd world country like russia

You'll never find the pilot. They could be anywhere and don't need to move. Nothing to give them away.

Who knows if those drone guns even work. All that footage is released by those who try to sell it to the gov. No one has ever seen a drone taken down in the wild.

You'll never find the pilot. They could be anywhere and don't need to move. Nothing to give them away.

Who knows if those drone guns even work. All that footage is released by those who try to sell it to the gov. No one has ever seen a drone taken down in the wild.
pilots (and drones) can be tracked by rf signals

This is so late in the game, but they are getting shotguns:

e1-920x514.jpg

BTS12, a Turkish made bull pump shotgun.

The USA is giving the USMC some of these.

Rogue1.2-scaled.jpg

Rogue 1 will allow Marines to conduct “precision strikes against moving and stationary armored targets, soft-skinned vehicles, and dismounted threats,” the company said. “An advanced fuzing system on Rogue 1 features a first-of-its-kind mechanical interrupt that allows the aircraft to be safely recovered and reused when targets are disengaged or missions are aborted.”

It's a quad copter with a camera that costs $94k. This is absolutely ridiculous. These are disposable items. "Allows the item to be recovered or reused..." as in, it can fly back to you before you press the explode button. Amazing.

This is so late in the game, but they are getting shotguns:

e1-920x514.jpg

BTS12, a Turkish made bull pump shotgun.

The USA is giving the USMC some of these.

Rogue1.2-scaled.jpg

It's a quad copter with a camera that costs $94k. This is absolutely ridiculous. These are disposable items. "Allows the item to be recovered or reused..." as in, it can fly back to you before you press the explode button. Amazing.
I was under the impression that shotguns didn’t have the range to take out most drones, and that the extra 10lbs of kit, or the replacement of a assault rifle within a unit was juice that wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Yep those shotguns are next to useless for drones

depending on the type of shotgun round you're using, they would only be effective around 100 to 200 yards up in the air, otherwise, yep, pretty useless. drones can fly WAY high up and cameras can zoom WAY far in. :shrug:

i once took my DJI phantom up to about 8000 feet. :)

Back