VANSTER/Goshin - Ragnar road race

hahahaha

"What's a kill?"

"A KILL. . .is when you PASS someone, on the ROUTE! YEAH baby!"

Holy shit these people aren't even trained. Night time is scary woo

lol this thing is just a joke, sorry.

what's a kill then vanster

WHAT IS IT

and yes watching the thing, with the competition, it looks like it's just a fun thing to do. Not for hardcore people, or maybe so if they want to halve the team and go nuts?

what's a kill then vanster

WHAT IS IT

and yes watching the thing, with the competition, it looks like it's just a fun thing to do. Not for hardcore people, or maybe so if they want to halve the team and go nuts?

Not for hardcore? Dude I've seen blue-haired old ladies at Run For The Cure type races that could smoke these people. So yeah, if it's a fun thing to do, then leave it at that. Dividing up 200 miles by 12 people and 36 exchanges. .why not just film them all having a picnic? Oh yeah, gimme potato salad. . KILL! Yeah baby. Now lets go get a camera shot of us wiping dust off the bumper. lol

Let me put it this way:

June 18, I failed, MISERABLY FAILED to complete a trail run, because I underestimated the effects of altitude. You have to weigh in and take a medical prior to the race, and during the race, there are 3 points over the 52 miles where you have to weigh in and have a quick medical. I went through 17 miles without a problem, 20 was tired, but still felt ok, somewhere around the marathon point I started getting disoriented and confused. Went through the aid station at mile 31 sort of staggering, and failed the medical in SPECTACULAR fashion at mile 35 and got pulled. Pulled as in, not allowed to continue. In addition to heart rhythm and whatnot, you can't have lost more than whatever % in water weight, and you have to show mental alertness. 10K elevation and the technical aspects of the course had done me in, ruined. I had lost 8 pounds, and the guy kept asking me what 12 divided by 2 plus 2 was and I simply didn't know. FAIL, the end.

It's humiliating to not be able to finish, and I've been kicking myself for the last 8 weeks because of it. Yes I'll be back next year, but that's 10 months away. I haven't even posted in the fitness forum much because I'm completely humiliated. Oh yeah, and nursing a stress fracture in my right foot.

Meanwhile, these douchebags are having a video made about how awesome they are, talking about how scary it is to go to sleep at night, that the trail is really dusty (are you fucking kidding?) and jumping in the air to high-five each other every couple of miles. They are douchebags, all of them. I'm having a 2 month long pity-party for failing in my race, and these guys are awarding each other nobel prizes. . for riding in a van and getting out to run once in a while. Douchiest thing I've seen this month, and yes I've read Triple and Mitch posts. This is douchier than them.

I would do it to help out. Anyone with a camera comes near me or tries to give me a high five, I would get surly.

how about you do 3 legs and the ragnar leg (~45miles) ... then can we high five?

the girls were atleast very cute (for runners)

what if we just want to have fun and get some exercise in?
im not as awesome as you :(

and i get where you're coming from.
you cool though

stop breaking your feet

Back