VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST

Ixiterra

Veteran XV

A fan film that came out on Dec 21st. It's pretty fricken good.

Apparently dude made an agreement with LucasFilms that he could not monetize the video or use crowdfunding to make the movie. Disney proceeds to put a copyright claim on the video and monetizes it. Internet proceeds to rage out and LucasFilm forces Disney to remove the claim. :lol:

this all happened a few weeks ago but I missed it: Lucasfilm lifts copyright claim on Star Wars Theorys Vader Fan Film

worth spending 10 mins of your time on

so??? they didn't even take his video down, they just wanted to run ads on it, which, sorry, seems perfectly fair given it's their ip

they also aren't in the least bit obligated to follow some informal agreement made by a customer service rep with a youtuber

honestly I have less respect for them for backing down, at least teach the guy that there are better things to do with your life than making unpaid star wars ads, and not to be an entitled bitch

Lucasfilm was always unusually lax about protecting their IP. It was basically you could do anything with their IP as long as you did not turn a profit.

Disney is unusually stringent in this same area. They've sued nursing homes because someone painted a character on the building's walls.

All in all Disney getting Star Wars has been bad. They made more content but it's soulless SJW shit, and they prevent all these fun side projects from ever seeing the light of day.

I could not believe what I was seeing when I saw the Solo movie and Lando was made a pansexual who was in love with a droid, and the droid has to hit you over the head with how droids are an allegory of subjugation. It didn't feel real.

Watched the video.

Funny how a couple of guys fucking around can make better content than a billion dollar studio.

Lucasfilm was always unusually lax about protecting their IP. It was basically you could do anything with their IP as long as you did not turn a profit.

Disney is unusually stringent in this same area. They've sued nursing homes because someone painted a character on the building's walls.

All in all Disney getting Star Wars has been bad. They made more content but it's soulless SJW shit, and they prevent all these fun side projects from ever seeing the light of day.

I could not believe what I was seeing when I saw the Solo movie and Lando was made a pansexual who was in love with a droid, and the droid has to hit you over the head with how droids are an allegory of subjugation. It didn't feel real.

I want to be entertained by a movie.

If I want to be preached to, then I'll go to church.

Amazing how Hollywood liberals are so inside their own heads that they're willing to ruin their product to share their obviously morally superior viewpoints.

You fail to remember the star wars Tribes mod. Lucas went after that guy.

I had leather business shoes similar to the Imperial Emperor's. He's a stylish prick.

yeah i mean the way they've raped ip law is definitely something else, the idea that a corporation of no living entities can own an idea for all of eternity is pretty unconstitutional if you ask me

if disney lost the rights to mickey mouse, then __________

so??? they didn't even take his video down, they just wanted to run ads on it, which, sorry, seems perfectly fair given it's their ip

they also aren't in the least bit obligated to follow some informal agreement made by a customer service rep with a youtuber

honestly I have less respect for them for backing down, at least teach the guy that there are better things to do with your life than making unpaid star wars ads, and not to be an entitled bitch

Back