Used Car Thread (Honda Civic)

VektorX

Veteran XV
Hey
Friend is close to buying a 1996 Honda Civic EX 1.6L, auto, power everything

93210 miles on it, carfax is clean.
Lowest the guy can go on it $6,700 tax paid.

You think it is an OK deal or what?

not a bad deal i guess, i would try and pay a bit less but i imagine the thing is super clean. 100k isnt anything to that Honda, make sure the previous owner takes care of the 100k mile service (tbelt,water pump) and i think it would be a very solid car for a very long time.

not a bad deal i guess, i would try and pay a bit less but i imagine the thing is super clean. 100k isnt anything to that Honda, make sure the previous owner takes care of the 100k mile service (tbelt,water pump) and i think it would be a very solid car for a very long time.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There is still quite a bit of life left in the engine at 100K. It is pretty much clean as a whistle on the outside and in, but he hasn't asked for the service records yet. Drives well except that there is quite a bit of cabin noise. We're gonna take another look at it tonight and he will have this chequebook with him.

If the service records are ok, we'll try to talk him down to 6200. We'll see.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There is still quite a bit of life left in the engine at 100K. It is pretty much clean as a whistle on the outside and in, but he hasn't asked for the service records yet. Drives well except that there is quite a bit of cabin noise. We're gonna take another look at it tonight and he will have this chequebook with him.

If the service records are ok, we'll try to talk him down to 6200. We'll see.

ill sell you two used civics for $10k

how about that??

i was going to sell my 99' civic with 60k miles for about that much

id say a 96 with a 100k shouldnt be more than $5k (weird, guy above me posted at same time)

Kelley Blue Book Price $4,725 - $6,800

Like i said, i would try and pay a bit less and get them to do the service since that will be a bit pricy and i think you would be getting a good deal

EX coupe, low KBB is $6100

I was looking at the EX coupe and the price for that car in "fair" condition (which is almost certainly what a 12 year old car's condition is) was $3,775

could be a difference in location I suppose :shrug:

hmmm ok. It's a 4door, not a coupe. Keep in mind that $6700 includes the 13% tax up here.

I don't know if he'd go down to 5K on it if my buddy tried. I personally could get him down to at least under 6K since he wants to wholesale it to a lot.

Back